2002 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Lots of Fun!!
By Matt on 02/23/10 17:29 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Quick and Fun! 78,000km on it & running strong. Good power, runs 5.4 seconds 0-60 stock. Responds well to modifications. Very comfortable seats, although not sporty feeling or looking. Interior is basic. Exterior looks fantastic. Bullitt rims are a must. Stereo has good bass and overall sound. Good on gas, for what it is. Best is 28.1 MPG highway. Worst is 17.9 all city. Average is 22 mpg, getting on it here and there. Sounds WICKED with full exhaust (I have a MAC Prochamber and Flowmasters). Lots & lots of compliments on sound & looks. Word to the wise: Check the transmission well before buying; this is a weakspot in alot of models. I would highly recommend this car! No problems.

1st Mustang
By 1st Mustang on 06/26/09 18:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i love driving this car, it has plenty of get up and go and at only 19000 miles is bone stock very well taken care of by the previous owner, beautiful torch red paint, bullitt wheels, and spotless inside and out, what a great find.

OUTSTANDING
By KevinDK on 06/21/09 05:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The car just seems to fit me perfect. It reminds me of a cockpit actually. And man oh man does the car scream. I have loved Mustangs for years, and finally got one. Ford really does a good job with the stangs. A lot of people complain that it's pretty "normal" when it comes to features and luxuries.. Well it's a MUSCLE CAR, they aren't known for being like a Luxury car. They have less gadgets and more power. People who by Mustangs aren't concerned with such things, or gas mileage. For what it has, gas mileage is great however.

Good Performance
By mustangboy on 01/11/09 16:12 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love driving this car it is a dream come true. I have loved Mustangs since I was a little kid. I had a 97 v6 but it just wasn't enough so I got this one and it is amazing. Soon it will be able to run with its bigger brother the Cobra.

Roar
By Roar on 11/28/08 16:31 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall this car is great for anyone. It doesnt have 350 horses under the hood but its got so giddy up. It's quick and always reliable. I have owned a Pontiac Trans-Am and this Mustang GT and by far I like driving the GT.

Great Car
By Tim Smith on 10/23/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang GT now for over a year. I bought this car based on a lot of the reviews I found on this very site, which led me to want to write my own. My review is this: What a great car! Haven't had a single issue since I purchased it. The V8 runs fantastic at 79,500. Car handles well and the ABS/traction control work great. The build quality is as advertised, excellent. No rust, no broken plastics, no faulty or cheap electronics. Everything works and works well. The Mach360 stereo rocks like the day it was made. The 6 cd changer acted a little funny the first time I used it but since then hasn't had a single problem (the person I bought the car from didn't use it.)

American Muscle Car
By Ricco on 08/18/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Been in love with the car since I got it. Leather in great condition, seating comfortable, handling was great, performance was very good.

Good Car
By Sean on 07/31/08 02:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We had a 98 V-6 Mustang and this new GT blows it out of the water! Massive improvement on power compared to our old car. Too many people want to race us now! Ride comfort is good and it has a good sound system.

A car guy's best friend
By MR. BIG JAY on 06/18/08 17:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 02 GT in August of 04 and I'm loving it. I've had no problems mechanicaly or otherwise. I wish it had a little more handling than it does but the overall affect is awesome. I get about 24-26 mpg at around 70-75 mph which is just under 2000 rpm. I'm 6'4 305 lbs and I'll be the 1st to testify that this the sports car for us big guys. Imports are cool but a Miata or Integra are too small for someone my size

A lot of bang for the money
By Brian on 06/07/08 22:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 GT in March of 2007 after waiting many years to be able to afford one. This car is a real head turner in Laser Red with the factory 5 spoke aluminum rims. I have upgraded the exhaust with a set of Flowmaster 40's (mufflers) and the intake with a K&N cold air intake. Both aftermarket options cost about $500 installed and completely changed the car and woke it up. Would recommend these ad-ons to anyone. A real fun dependable fuel efficient car for the money. I bought the car with 49,000 miles on it and now have 57,000 and I have done nothing but change the oil and put rear brake pads on it.