Used 2000 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I LOVE IT!
By BOOYA

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

runs nice, interior is excellent, couldn't ask for a better car

Love/hate this car
By This Car Is Shithot

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car over a year ago in June with 40k mileage on it and it ran great until 6 months later. After 6 months, my clutch went out. I got that fixed then the transmission went out right after that. But I got that fixed already and now it runs better than ever. It had cold air intake and exhaust already in it when I bought it. This car is a beast. I love how the acceleration pins to the seat and the loud roar it makes especially when it goes in the tunnel. The one thing I hate about this car is its poor gas mileage. I have to fill up every other day from driving back and forth to work. I had a mustang V6 that I would only have to fill once a week but I just wanted more power.

Favorite Features

The acceleration is sick! You will more than likely overtake other cars 98% of the time. Sounds nice with a agressive roar as you going through the gears! Stereo system is nice. Love how the exterior looks sleek.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more interior room!! I forgot how big my family was when I bought this car. They're always cramped in the back seat like sardines! Needs way better gas mileage. If you're tall, dnt buy this car!!!

Classic American Muscle Car
By cason234

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I've owned my 2000 Mustang GT for only 9 months, and I've already put it for sale..... how can I write a favorable review of it if I don't even wish to keep it? Yet, the car really is terrific - it just doesn't stir my soul! Mine has 75,000 miles on it (bought it with 65,000), and it has been nothing but pleasure to own. I bought it and immediately lowered it with H&R springs (the wheel gap on 99-04 Mustangs is HIDEOUS), and put a Pro5.0 shifter in it. If I was keeping it, I'd put a set of Flowmasters and 4.10 gears on it. I love the fact that you have a bread and butter V8 in here that anyone can repair (if needed) that still has performance that'll whollop many cars on the road.

Favorite Features

- High revving V8 engine - this Ford SOHC 4.6 engine appears in hundreds of thousands of other Fords and Lincolns..... and it's good! - excellent clutch action; not too heavy, and not too light - wonderful shifting transmission - nice interior - super dependable. In 9 months and 10,000 miles, not a single problem with it. - easy to work on.... this technology has been around for years - anyone can work on this car (if needed) - tons of aftermarket parts for it - gets lots of looks and compliments

Suggested Improvements

After driving this car for a while, I've never liked the suspension. It is firm (I added lowering springs, and I like that), but you can certainly feel the flex in the chassis. Handling doesn't quicken the pulse as I expected it would. I love the tossability of other cars, and this car seems like its 80% of the way there, but the remaining 20% is lacking. The rear axle almost seems disconnected from the front of the car. I'm sure there are aftermarket parts that would tighten things up, but should you have to do that? The Mach 460 stereo is only mediocre.

Good car
By Daniel

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago, after doing a lot of research. And so far I am very satisfied with it. It is a Consumer Reports "Good Bet" as it seems to a reliable vehicle. It is a sharp looking car, with lots of potential if you can afford to upgrade it. It is fun to drive in the snow with snow tires on.

Favorite Features

Looks & sound.

Suggested Improvements

Some squeaks/rattles. Bigger interior room/trunk, but it is sports car.

I'm sure this may sound sad.
By firecatf6

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

How much do I love my mustang? I put the car in heated storage and I visit it a couple times a week...and admire it. Sick??? 13years old just turned 100k never seen winter But still oiled and dripping. Works great... Gold and shows so different from red or black. Handles like a dream..with a few upgrades.. I still love the heck out of it. Even after driving a 2013 Boss

Favorite Features

Only really fits two

Suggested Improvements

Improve the driving lights