2000 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Fun in the Stang
By theprincereturns on 05/11/06 05:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car last spring after I was in an accident in my 2000 Mustang coupe. The convertible is a lot more fun of a car to drive around, and I have been very happy with the reliability of both of the cars. I love the look and drive of the car as well, and recommend the manual transmission, and the V6 if you are doing your own maintenance (more room in the engine compartment makes it easier to access). Road noise and comfort of the convertible make it much less enjoyable on long road trips. After an hour or two on the highway with the top down, your ears will be ringing for hours afterwards. Also you will need excellent tires or more weight in the back to keep traction in rain or snow.

Awesome
By stang on 02/25/06 20:12 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have read everyone's reviews about this Mustang, and I must say, I have had no problems with my car ever! Not only that but the people that I bought it from also had no problems with this car. So I'm sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences, mostly it was the fact you had a bad dealer, but the car itself is amazing; fast, quick, and very comfortable (for two people, the back seat is kinda small).

fun performer
By mustang on 09/30/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is a fun car to drive around town. It gets decent gas mileage, and is reliable. I purchased this vehicle new, and it has never had a single mechanical problem.

Not my best Ford
By SAP on 09/17/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Bought from CarMax at 18k miles 1k miles later they rebuilt the rear gear box to try to get rid of the moaning sound between 40 and 50 miles an hour on deceleration. Never worked. At 90k the gear box was rebuilt again because of a constant whir. Let's see, at 70k I got a new front end. Top's starting to leak. Valves tap a lot if you don't keep cleaning the injectors ($$). Travel 150 miles a day at an average 72 miles an hour. Time to clean injectors again and probably replace the egr valve. My 9th Ford and probably my last if Toyota makes a larger truck.

Love my 'stang
By Mommyof2bratz on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love my convertible. My kids (4 and 5) love it too. There is nothing like cruising down the road with your top down and enjoying life. I have ridden in other convertibles (Sebring) and yuck! I wouldn't trade my Mustang for one. It is comfortable, fun, reliable and most of all a conversation piece wherever I go. Especially in East Tennessee where I live. My car is an Electric Green color and Cleopatra (my car) gets eye-balled coming and going! So anyone that is thinking about getting a Mustang, I would definitely encourage getting a convertible! They are too much fun!

No problems
By tiger0hs on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have had my convertible for over a year now and have had absolutely no problems. It is just an automatic v-6 mustang but it is still fun and comfortable to drive. All of the problems that I have heard of from people who have owned convertibles are non-existent. I have had no problems with leaks, tears, or cuts. Being in college I was also looking for a dependable car that would have no problems with trips home. I put higher performance touring tires on it and it drives much better.

I love this car...
By smilingbrownbear on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car two years ago with only 8,500 miles. It was babied by the original owner. I have put another 7,000 miles on it during the non- winter months. Great to drive, ultra- sharp looking, have not had one problem yet. Best present I ever bought for myself.

Good car
By DutchAZ on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car new in 2000. It's held up well (but not great) and has been good transportation. The fact that it's stylish and performs well doesn't hurt, either. As a convertible, it's as solid as anything else on the road today (at least in the under-$30k market). The interior is great - it's comfortable and it has solid ergonomics. That being said, I dinged the interior a couple of points because of cheap materials and appearance. All in all, a great car for the money.

imustang
By bobbybobby on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

this car is an excellent car. i wouldnt get rid of mine for the world. it is a fast car with a comfortable interior. I would refer any one.

Fun in the Sun!
By ConvertibleConvert on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this vehicle used in 2003 from a private owner who stored it in the wintertime as I am now doing. It's a blast to drive especially with the top down. I'm definitely going to consider a future Mustang convertible possibly a GT for some more power.