Used 2000 Ford Mustang Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great summer car
By Mandy

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased my Mustang about 2 years ago in Florida and then moved back north. This car has been wonderfully reliable taking me to and from Florida. My only complaint regarding long trips is that the driver's seat is horribly uncomfortable and I really get poor gas mileage. Until recently I haven't had any problems with the car. Lately the convertible top back near the window has been leaking and now I am dealing with wet floors. I think it is mostly due to the Florida sun drying out the top for 5 years since it was never garage kept. I get tons of compliments though!

Favorite Features

Sporty look, reliability even in northern winters.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat is painful. Leaking seems to be a problem. Back seat is less than spacious.

Love it!
By quinnk

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I just recently bought a 2000 White Mustang Convertible. I have the automatic version and have not regretted it since I bought it. The gas mileage isn't great...I only get about 300km on each tank, but its so worth it. This car is fun to drive, especially when you put the top down and hear that engine. Its powerful and turns heads. Mine has the leather and suede interior which is a nice feature as all leather can get too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Only complaint would be the brakes squeal a bit...its easily fixed with brake cleaner but I've heard is a common issue with this year and model. Either way I'd fully recommend this car! So fun to drive, and good looking.

Favorite Features

The power roof, leather/suede seats, powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

Not much to improve besides gas mileage (but that comes with the powerful engine) The shifter is in a funny place so I find myself reaching, and maybe the cigarette lighter could be in a better place so that an iPhone mount can fit.

Old Reliable.
By Truz

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I commuted 160 miles a day in this and have 202000 on it. Engine still running great. Top is now ready to be replaced last much longer than I thought.

Favorite Features

Top Down and Mach Stereo

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights would be great.

Still in love with her!
By Gigi

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased her brand new! Worth every penny! 10 years later she is still fun to drive. Hugs roads and has great pick up. I would buy again. Issues were the exhaust manifold design is bad. I think the A/C drips onto it and as a result had to have it welded back together twice because it sounded like a hole in the muffler. Also the clutch went out on her 2 years ago and that had to be replaced. Other than those 2 things I have not had one single mechanical issue. She is picky about her tires. Anything but Yokahoma's seem to run rough. Extremely reliable. Cosmetics after 10 years: my top leaks in behind the back seat due to being left in the sun and not in a garage. Middle tail light faded.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, seat fits like a glove. love the convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign engine so A/C doesn't drip on manifold and Y pipe doesn't get holes in it.

Mustang Sally
By Lynne Knightstep

2000 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

My daughter and son-in-law bought this car for me, brand-new as a gift in 2000. I love this car and have lots of fun driving it. It has never had anything go wrong with it in the 9 years that I have owned it. It is a beautiful black convertible, very sleek and sporty. This is my second Mustang (owned the first model in 1965) and I highly recommend them.

Favorite Features

The sleek, sporty appearance and the Stero System. Extremely dependable car.

Suggested Improvements

It is a little difficult getting out of the car.