Used 1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:

Just bought and fell in love
By cobrasrtbaby

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I just bought my cobra svt and love it so much. That 300 horse and 304 tq is amazing

One great ride
By whitevenom

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

The writers of the review for this site are dead wrong!! "gets it's tail whipped by camaro/firebird"? There has not been 1 camaro/firebird or any other gm product that has out ran,outclassed, or even looked better than this car. I resent that statement and hope they live to eat those words. In the famous words of my father" drag that [violative content deleted] up to the line,and we'll see who has the better car"!Wait a min,just thought of something..was going to run a corvette Z06 and he broke before the burnout! hahahahahaha!

exhaust note is second to none. it even has the "GM" boys green with envy! Comfort is great. The a/c,well, you could hang meat in my car for weeks and it would not go bad!

the factory 3.27 rear end gears were not at all what the 4.6 DOHC needed. For a power plant that makes all of it's power in the 4500-7000 rpm range,FORD would have been better off providing us with at least a 3.55 gear. I have 4.10 gears in mine now, and let me tell you, It's like a big old kick in the pants from your Pappy!

cobras 1
By cobraman

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

i've had my cobra for 2 years now and i love it. it's bored out 60 thousandths and 4:10 gears. it's the best car i've raced.

more stock hp

Still Perfect After All These Years
By REG

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

I bought my Cobra convertible new and, outside of a fresh paint job, the only expenditures beyond scheduled maintenance have been tires, battery, and spark plug wires. It looks great, sounds great, rides great, makes me feel great. My best all-time automotive investment in which I plan to be buried (close by, at least).

Exhaust note, acceleration, topless...

Nothing - don't fix what isn't broken.

first on race day
By 9t7 cobra

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

luv the car, fun to drive, going to install 3.90s to get a little off the line jump. the whole family luvs it , have to fight the wife for the keys. sounds great. the conv. top leaks at the windshield near the ends. glad its garaged.

high revving motor, looks, suspension

clunky doors, poor panel fit 3.90 or better gears