1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:
Just bought and fell in love
By cobrasrtbaby on 05/29/14 21:11 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I just bought my cobra svt and love it so much. That 300 horse and 304 tq is amazing

One great ride
By whitevenom on 06/30/11 17:48 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

The writers of the review for this site are dead wrong!! "gets it's tail whipped by camaro/firebird"? There has not been 1 camaro/firebird or any other gm product that has out ran,outclassed, or even looked better than this car. I resent that statement and hope they live to eat those words. In the famous words of my father" drag that [violative content deleted] up to the line,and we'll see who has the better car"!Wait a min,just thought of something..was going to run a corvette Z06 and he broke before the burnout! hahahahahaha!

cobras 1
By cobraman on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

i've had my cobra for 2 years now and i love it. it's bored out 60 thousandths and 4:10 gears. it's the best car i've raced.

Still Perfect After All These Years
By REG on 10/31/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

I bought my Cobra convertible new and, outside of a fresh paint job, the only expenditures beyond scheduled maintenance have been tires, battery, and spark plug wires. It looks great, sounds great, rides great, makes me feel great. My best all-time automotive investment in which I plan to be buried (close by, at least).

first on race day
By 9t7 cobra on 06/19/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

luv the car, fun to drive, going to install 3.90s to get a little off the line jump. the whole family luvs it , have to fight the wife for the keys. sounds great. the conv. top leaks at the windshield near the ends. glad its garaged.

King Cobra
By vivalacobra on 05/24/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

This is just an overall great car. I've owned my Pacific Green Cobra since it was new in '97. It's great! Got enough HP to have some fun and yet the fuel economy isn't bad. Great donor car for Shelby kit cars too!

SVT Cobra Mustang
By DRW on 04/21/08 09:30 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Great mustang, fun to drive, great car fro around town. Car performed well on track. Modifications were made for better tires, shift kit, air intake and cat back exhaust system. Adapts well to basic performance modifications. Engine has much more potential than current GT's

Second time is even better.
By David Figueroa on 01/18/08 13:33 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

In 1997 I bought a new Cobra coupe, for some insane reason I sold it. Ten years later I came to my senses and bought a 97 Cobra convertable. I blew 10 years of driving fun. I regret that I ever sold my coupe, except for the fact that now I have found another beautiful rio red convertable that just makes my day when I drive her. I used to rave about the 97 Cobra as the prettiest and baddest car on the road, now, again I know that I was right.

Cobra Fun
By William Cobra on 11/22/07 18:22 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

Driving the Mustang Cobra is one big kick. It has adequate power, maybe more than adequate, and it handles like it was on rails. It is fun driving on the winding mountain highways. It has the power to pass and the stability to handle the corners withease. All in all it is a great car.

Cobra #1 car I've owned
By bmxr152 on 08/01/07 20:12 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about 6 months ago and it runs awesome. It was totally stock and nothing done to it. I bought it at 116k miles. I've since put 10k miles and have put an xpipe, 100shot nitrous, intake, and plug wires. I can say it runs much better and haven't seen any problems with over 380hp 450ftlbs torque on the 116k car. It handles great too. I must say I need some 4.10 gears and wil take almost half a second off my 1/4 et's. In one word, great car.