Comfortable small call
By jenzsdad on
2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I've had the car about a month now. So far so good. It is an automatic with the sports package. I would have liked some other options; ABS,& Moonroof. I also would have prefered a 5 speed, but that's what happens when you buy a leftover. You have to take what the dealer has. I did get a good deal though; $12,500 + tax & tags. Not bad! It's comfortable & quiet for a small car. The handling is good for a 4 door of it's size, but not as good as my Nissan 200SX SER (Auto), or as fast. I must say though that the Focus rides like a bigger car. It must be the 103' wheel base.
Favorite Features
The 2.3L engine. A 2.0 in the 4dr with an automatic would have been too slow. The adjustable drivers seat, with lumbar support. The stereo, dash & controls.
Suggested Improvements
Most of the improvements I'd like to see have been done to the 2005 ZX4-ST: More power, a 5 speed with a quick shifter, ABS & traction control, better (SVT) suspension, larger & better brakes (4 wheel discs)perfomance exhaust. A 2005 would have cost at least $3000 more.