Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Five-hundred - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By Ina

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My family has owned 5 Ford cars over the years. The 500 was by far the best car. Never recalled for any reason, always reliable, fun, comfortable. I would trade the Fusion I have now for a 500 in a heartbeat!!!

Favorite Features

Roominess, multitude of interior features including storage and gigantic trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I would not change a thing!

Great Value & Great Vehicle
By DStewart

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Ford product. My wife bought the 2006 Freestyle. We were impressed with her vehicle. So I traded my 2003 Nissan Altima SL for a 2006 Ford 500 Limted AWD with 5K miles on it. I got a great price for all the features and low mileage, with 5 year warranty too. I wanted more back seat room for out two growing children. So far, the car has been fault free on every level and very satisfying for the cost. The Limited features are wonderful. It is a perfect all purpose vehicle with excellent saftey features, visability and since of control when driving. I highly recommend this vehicle and tip my hat to Ford.

Favorite Features

The roominess, comfort, a great sound system, IPOD compatiable, DVD system, navigation, storage space and fuel economy is impressive. The AWD system is awesome in rain or snow. It is a perfect all purpose vehicle with excellent saftey features, visability and sense of control when driving.

Suggested Improvements

Better braking system with ceramic pads. Current pads create huge brake dusk and wears quickly.

Ford forever
By evelyn

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my vehicle brand new in 2006. She has (I call her a she) 22 inch tires and very shiny rims, tinted windows, charcoal grey. She gets plenty of compliments and plenty of heads that turn. I have not had any problems with my Ford Five hundred. She is very reliable, large interior, and great on gas. I feel honored to have purchased this vehicle in 2006 since 2007 was the last year they were made and changed to the name Taurus.

Many problems..
By Marla

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Power steering going out, told the rack 'n pinion need to be replaced. Brakes are a major problem with this vehicle.. had them replaced twice so far, along with rotos, only 80,000 miles. First set of brakes under 15k miles. Now, my fuel pump went out.. only had this car 3 years! Ford will not stand up to their product! Grinding and cracking noises in steering.

Favorite Features

comfort

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to stand up to their product.

Such a pretty car!
By Lucia

2006 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

When I first spotted this car I thought it was a Mercedes with its overall good looks of distinction. I instantly fell in love after looking at so many cars. It drives like a Cadillac with a smooth ride and the extra room inside is reminiscent of the big cars of yesteryear. My husband who is an auto mechanic swore he would never own a Ford, but was highly impressed with this car. He says the only down side is the engine is too small for such a large car. He's into speed while I'll take comfort and smoothness of ride any day.

Favorite Features

Being a short person, I appreciate the 'high ride', the roomy seating area in front and back, the huge trunk, great stereo system and all the bells and whistles of luxury amenities.

Suggested Improvements

Could be more soundproof. There is loud engine noise on acceleration and the steering sounds like metal rubbing against metal.