1993 Ford Festiva - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Festiva model:
Best car ever!
By Mike on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I have 323,000 miles on mine. I didn't change the fan belt till after 10 years. I haven't changed the fuel filter or plug wires yet! Just a great little car for what it is. Take the back seat out and you can haul two mountain bikes and some camping gear in it.

Built like a tank
By alwaysinaford on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

Have know about these cars for a long time. Motor is like a rock, flawless. manual transmission, flawless. I get 41-47 mpg depending on how hard I run it. I agree with the window issue. Have only replaced the alternator and battery. Tires are very hard to find. I am 6"2" tall and I am very comfortable. Really enjoy driving it as my daily driver. I will keep it until the day it dies.

Just get one
By Mr.Ouchies on 06/19/10 21:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

You're not gonna spend that much on one and will be surprised. You can buy one as a spoof then soon realize it's your baby. I wanted one just for novelty but got caught up in festiva fever. This car has never left me stranded and only required a new alternator and battery. Farthest I have traveled in it in one day was about 300 miles when i first got it and true to what others have said "I no longer trust this car on long trips." I don't know why I don't, but i just don't. These cars do die sort of. I have seen one not work with 256,000 due to bad ignition switch. I have seen one with 125,000 that was in an accident, but engine was pulled to put in one with over 300,000 that barely began to smoke

93 ford festiva
By doug allen on 12/16/09 04:45 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

just purchased a 93 festiva this car i very dependable and gets a consistent 40 mpg fun to drive and handles well they should be making these cars again tires are getting hard to find easy to work on.

Reliable to a Fault- Just keeps running!
By FestivaFan on 12/09/09 21:14 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car as a temporary replacement for my beloved wrecked 89 1/2 Mustang. Seven years later, I still have it. Getting fantastic gas mileage is addictive. It is also a great city car, no self respecting car thief or jacker will mess with a lowly Festiva. Not a great car to be in during an accident, but it is nimble enough to avoid situations bigger cars couldn't. After all, are we all going to be forced to drive SUV Panzers to be safe from the SUV bullies. I hope not. The Edmonds pricing for the Festiva is a joke, I can sell this car for what I paid for it tomorrow. They are revered for their reliability, storage, and mileage. All the same reasons I will keep driving it until it dies.

My Lil' car
By Kyle on 07/17/09 13:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

This has been my most reliable car EVER- bought in'96 for $3,900-was a impulse buy (bought within hours of looking at) Initially thought I overpaid - but 13 yrs and at 185,000 miles - U think I got a steal on it I dont get mileage others might(is a 5 speed) get 35-38 mpg (with wind pushing me have got 45-48) tho mpg is with usually with car loaded up and 75 mph Gone is rear seat - and many times passenger seat - fit 8 ft boards in it with front seat gone- so cargo room is awesome (use it like was a truck) great ground clearance for N Dakota winters Until real recently could go 5,000- 6,000 miles(oil change to oil change) without adding any oil in between alot of long trips 800mile

Festevil
By kyle on 03/16/09 21:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

i own a festiva gt and its got alittle under 93000 miles, and other then alittle transmission trouble, i love the car, i get my fair share of funny looks but their just mad i can park in small spots at work, down town, and at clubs. i did redo the suspension to make it more of a comfordable ride. if anyone else is looking to do so just look for coil overs off of an ATV, yes funny but with the right amount of skill and patients... it worked my festiva never dies, so it got the nic- name, "FestEvil" which is being painted on the trunk after the dents and scratches are removed. great cars hope the 2011 model is as great as its grandfather

Almost too well built
By Bones on 09/16/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva GL 2dr Hatchback

I've owned two of these cars, the last one I still own. It's almost as if this car was built way before its time. Now with gas what it is, I hear less and less laughing. It's pretty obvious in cars of this size bueracracy is the only thing standing between fuel economy and cars that boast of 23 MPG. This car gets 40 MPG all day long. My buddy and I collected 7 of these cars way before cas went up. We made topless parade vehicles, drove them and parted them. Now, we always have parts and drive like-new 93's. It was dumb luck, but oh-so-sweet. I drive mine around town, he bounces back and forth to Key west in his. They are a dream at 70, but commute like motorcycles.

I love this car
By Peter Unander on 06/02/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car as an economical way to see my girlfriend at the time who lived 50 miles away. I am 6'3" but leg room is not a problem with this car, nor is storage for that matter I can haul my pressure washer my airless and all my hoses & gear as well as my 40' & 28' ladders on the roof. Two years after purchasing this car while driving home in a rain storm I missed a turn and me my dog and my Festiva went 80 feet into a ravine. Amazingly the car sustained little damage other then a slightly bent rear axle which I replaced for $100 from a wrecking yard. This is in my opinion one of the best cars on the market. That's why I am writting this

Repair or replace
By rsmith45694s on 04/06/08 04:41 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Festiva L 2dr Hatchback

This car is absolutley a blast to drive. The transmissions seem to be weak, second one in two years but easy to replace had it out in under 2 hours. Brake lines rust through up here. And the rotors are difficult to replace due to hub bolt design as a whole this car is easy to repair I wish I had a whole car lot of them bought it for $200 best thing I ever did. I would not sell it for $2000 now.