2010 Ford F-450 Super Duty Consumer Review: Non-user friendly

2010 Ford F-450 Super Duty - Consumer Review

Lariat Crew Cab Pickup (6.4L V8 Twin-turbo Diesel 4x4 5-speed Automatic 8.2 ft. Bed)

Non-user friendly
By Steve5892 on

2010 Ford F-450 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I expected to love my new F450 until we had a trailer issue. While parked on the side of I-75 my family waited in vehicle with A/C on while I worked on trailer. Truck continues to shut- off (Engine Idle Shutdown installed) and can not be disabled. Also speed factory limited to 81 mph, again factory limited and will not/can not be changed. Both issues can cause a dangerous situation if you leave persons/animals in vehicle, thinking the A/C is going to keep them safe when vehicles shuts off in 5-10 minutes and has to be restarted. Don't think you can get out of the way of that 18-wheeler at 81 mph!

Tailgate step and sync are very handy. I added a Warn 15,000# winch and the Ford bumper causes it to fit great and look factory installed.

Make the "engine Idle Shutdown" and customer selectable and do not put a speed limiter/governor unless it is also customer changeable or removable.