A nice ride for a big truck!
By 85PUNKROCK on
2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.4L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
This is one big truck! We purchased this so we can tow our 40' toy hauler. The 1 tons won't do the job. The quality of this truck is impressive.The 6.4L diesel barely makes a sound and the interior is amazing! Navigation, rear DVD for the kids, 6 disc CD, wow! This truck handles and feels like a car but you're above the traffic and know you're in a truck. Ford made the right choice to make a commercial truck into a heavy duty hauler for a family. More people are buying large 5th wheels and this is the natural choice. And I know I made the right one!
Favorite Features
Handling, power, navigation, comfort, it's all good. Some people complain about the fuel consumption. Sure it's not great, but this is a commercial vehicle. I get over 13 MPG, very acceptable for the size and weight of the vehicle. It can tow up to a 24,500 lb 5th wheel , ours is only 18,000
Suggested Improvements
Very hard to park, but that's really not a complaint. You have to know you're buying a very large truck. Fuel consumption: as I said you're buying a commercial grade vehicle, know what you're getting.