Used 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Why No Diesel F-350's ?
By Done Flying

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

We found our King Ranch SB 2WD in Mississippi because this model was so scarce. We drove it sparingly the first two years in the city and always were able to get close to 20 mpg. We now tow a 37' Montana 5th wheel around the West and experience 12.5 mpg through hill and valleys. I have never had a mechanical issue, the original Continental tires are still going fine (42,000), and the leather interior is comfortable and classy. We have no regrets over our choice of truck. It still looks great going to dinner or pulling a hill with the Montana behind. I hope to keep going as long as our F-350 Turbo Diesel does!

Real muscle beneath the beauty!

Make the front seat heater button harder to accidentally set off. Hot buttons in AZ aren't fun!

Best truck built tough
By John

2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Although my 2003 was great, the 2006 is even better! Being a King Ranch, the interior couldn't be better and this one has the moonroof as well. The overall build quality is better and the improved steering and brake system are impressive. The 6.0 liter Navistar diesel is even quieter with out the heavy hood insulation from '03 and the power can't be beat with the 5 speed torqueshift. This one turns less RPM at the same speeds with the only difference being 18" tires which should afford even better mileage than before. I averaged 19 with my old one which for the weight, mass, and power is fine with me. The improved message center is as accurate as it is detailed. The GVRW is 11720 and nimble.

Interior, integrated brake system, upfitter switches, tighter turning, and driver's glove box are great features. No other truck comes close in fit and finish much less the incredible drive train. I wasted my time checking what they call competitive models. Its amazing mileage with so much power!

The moonroof moves the map lights to the front but no map lights in the rear of this comfortable big cab. Better mileage would be great as long as torque and power aren't compromised. I can't think of any more to ask for!