Used 2007 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Buyer Beware!
By jql

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third f150. I have always liked them. I purchased this truck new and around 16000 miles I noticed a tapping noise from the engine. The dealer said it was the fuel injectors. I've never heard noisy fuel injectors before. So when winter arrived and I started the truck the noise was even louder than before, and when the accelerator is pressed the tapping became quicker. Dealer inspected, ran tests for a week and finally called in their Ford rep who advised me that it is a characteristic of the f150. The salesperson didn't advise me of this trait. I asked what characteristic could I expect in another year or two. Guess what! No answer!!

Worst Ever
By Peter

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th F150 Lariat since 2000 and probably the worst (Lariat Chrome edition). I've had it for 2 years now and its been in and out of the shop on many occasions for engine bogginess (5.4L), transmission problems (transmission has now been rebuilt), brake problems (2 brake jobs already), backup sensor problems (replaced 2 so far). My lease expires in less than a year. Thank God! I've had enough. I don't think I will be leasing another Ford truck again.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride. It's nice to look at.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the 5.4L sluggishness (too boggy). Need better designed transmission. Better quality braking systems. Better looking stereo/heater stack, cluster and shifter. Replace Q/A department and improve product support. There is a reason why people buy foreign imports.

Awesome Truck
By Maurice

2007 Ford F-150 FX2 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 06 Chevy Silverado that was tricked out for my Ford. I wanted the bigger engine because mine was a 4.6. My neighbor talked me into to it. The interior of the Ford is overall sexier than Chevy. The FX2 edition comes with the body kit. Although I would have liked the Titan, Ford gave me more bang for my buck. For the price I paid for my FX2, I would have only gotten a base model Titan. I lost a little bit of towing, but I will never tow that much so in reality I bought a truck that even my wife isn't afraid to drive. Now, I just have to ask her can I drive my truck sometime.

Favorite Features

Paint, interior is sexy. smooth riding. comfortable. Spacious.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel consumption. Navigation package, rims, speakers

The best truck yet!
By Alan

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my F150 Lariat for a year now. I am coming up on 15,000 miles and have had one very minor problem, a power window switch, it was fixed at no charge with no hassle. I read in many reviews, about a lack of power and a sluggish feeling. My F150 has the heavy duty suspension, limited slip, 3:73 gear ratio and really doesn't do too bad. It has a very smooth powertrain that delivers horsepower evenly through-out the RPM range. Under normal conditions you don't feel the acceleration, then all of a sudden you notice that your doing 80MPH! If I want to accelerate quickly I click off the over-drive and it gets right with it. I'm averaging 15-16 MPG, mixed hiway-city driving.

Favorite Features

The interior is awesome! I love the heated leather seats, the auto dimming mirrors and the stereo system. It sounds nice for a factory unit and cranks the tunes out at a decent volume level. I installed a set of wheel to wheel step bars for a customized look that allows easy access to the bed.

Suggested Improvements

Better mats front and rear. A telescoping steering column. Body side molding to help eliminate door dings. Other than those minor items it's an awesome truck. It's the perfect combination of functionality and luxury. It is the best truck, maybe the best vehicle I've ever owned! Only time will tell.

It's all that!
By tzem

2007 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I've ever owned. I've got 46k miles on it, and it drives like the day that I bought it. I don't know why people have all of these negative comments about gas mileage. People have to learn how to drive economically. It's all about driving style. I drive 90% interstate, and regularly get over 600 miles out of my 30 gallon tank.

Favorite Features

Ride, torque, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera without buying navigation (like Tundra).