2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: looks great

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Review

looks great
By C.W. on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the 6.5 ft stepside bed with the extended cab look. Awesome looking vehicle, especially in black. Many people complain about the 4.6L power... but unless you are racing your truck, it is more than adequate. You can't expect 0-60's like a sports car in a full size pick up. The power has been more than adequate for me, the transmission gets it moving just fine. I got 17.7mpg on a recent 500 mile trip. Get the 35 gallon fuel tank, well worth it with the low MPG. I get about 15 day to day, which is what I am used to so it doesn't bother me much. Nice heavy truck, solid, and almost silent in the cab. Looks much more stylish than any other full size out there.

Stepside bed, center console. 3 12 volt outlets. Smoothest ride around. Quietest ride around. Easy lift tail gate can be raised with a finger.

Do something about the horrendous brake dust situation. When I had 300 miles on it, the front wheels looked like it was a ten year old vehicle. Power on the 4.6L I believe was boosted in '06, so that is good.