2014 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Have owned a 2004 and now the 2014 Limited
By 1963f100 on 12/25/14 06:40 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really wanted a SUV with at least a reasonable third row seat. With about 12,000 miles on it I'm pretty happy. I do miss my old V8 as I just don't feel the acceleration of the eco-boost is as strong. I did buy all but one of the available additional feature packages. Really like that the second row has heated seats. Ironically I think a better salesman could've talked me in to the final upgrade as it would be nice to have the navigation (vs ford sync which uses your phone) and high-def headlights. My only real criticism is the blind spots, even the hood height makes it a little hard to park. I do like the Blind-Spot systems (mirror blinks).

Good car worst service by almost all Ford Dealers
By raed1 on 07/14/14 09:25 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford Explorer 2013 with about 10,000 miles on it from a car dealer in MA. Besides the manufacturer warranty, that car was a Ford Certified vehicle, which an additional 12,000 miles and 12 months warranty. All was worth less from the first problem with the car. The car started leaking water through the seat belts of the back seat, and here was the moment of truth. Dealers were reluctant to accept the car for service, and when I tried to lure them by including oil change and break service, they gave me two appointments, now for oil change and break job but weeks for the water leak. This experience involved about four dealers one of them is about an hour and a half from my home.

Love my new ford explorer!
By momforddriver on 10/02/13 13:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Why did I wait so long to trade in my 2003 Ford explorer for the new 2014 ford explorer limited! I test drove the limited, awd & 4 cyl. ecoboost; plus th xlt & sport. Of all of them, the limited offers the most comfort & advanced options I was looking for. This truck rides so much more car like than my last explorer. Additionally, I like the pickup from the regular 3.5L 6 cylinder engine on the limited vs. the ecoboost 2.0L 4 cylinder. I think a 4 cyl. is good for a car, but not an suv. I recently took a carload of teenagers in my limited and it handled beautifully with the "extra weight" in the car. I don't think the 4 cyl. could have handled that.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Explorer in VA is:

$115 per month*