Should have bought it sooner
By Bo on
2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I looked at the Sport Trac a couple years ago and really liked them but hesitant to buy one because of past problems I had with an F-150. When I finally decided it was time to buy I started looking at trucks and SUVs from all manufacturers and probably judged Ford the hardest. I pretty much selected a vehicle from all the major manufacturers and then started the process of elimination by comparing features. Once I had it narrowed down to three vehicles I then went to dealerships for test drives and "in person" comparison. After extensive head-to-head tests there was no denying that the Sport Trac was the clear winner in features, style, usability, and build quality.
Favorite Features
Everything...but if I had to specifically single out certain features it would be the tonneau cover, the bed extender, interior room and comfort.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the digital odometer. It is difficult to distinguish between a zero and an 8 (especially when wearing sunglasses). Also, in future vehicles use the A/C vents found in the new Mustangs. They are the best designed vents ever.