2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:
Great Buy
By dfe109 on 01/28/05 15:46 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had owned a '91 Explorer and enjoyed it for 11 years. So I thought I would give the SportTrac a try. I like the dual use concept vehicle. The room and ride are great. I got the the XLT 2WD with tonneau cover. With the dealer's discount and Ford rebate I purchased mine for $18,990 plus tax and title! All the options you need, cruise, air, auto, radio/CD, OLW wheels, roll down rear window. What a price! A good $4K less than nearest comparable vehicle.

The best yet!
By James Williams on 01/19/05 06:28 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent drive. Turns a lot of heads.I would highly recommend. My wife loves it. I have a another mid size truck and this one beats it hands down, in driving, fuel economy, interior design and size.

Love My Ford Explorer Sport Trac
By Judy M. on 01/15/05 15:52 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My experience has been great. Love the style and the way it handles. I am pleased with the fuel mileage, and the ride is comfortable. Thanks Ford for making this one outstanding. Superb indeed!! :o)

Adrenalin all the way
By mj2say on 11/16/04 21:04 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Adrenalin 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A plush SUV up front and a lockable, watertight, pick-up bed out back. Nice ride, smooth 5 speed transmission and good power. Very comfortable seats, with leather, power and heat. Excellent ventilation with the sunroof and power back-glass window. The sound system is one of the best around, and worth the $.

perfect for my lifestyle
By tralic on 11/16/04 05:38 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I always fancied having a pick-up because I do a lot of maintenance with properties I own and also like to take my bikes and other stuff to the beach. This is the perfect all rounder. Very practical with lots of nice details like the back window that goes down and all the anchors to tie down any loads. With the bed extender the capacity should be plenty for most occasions. Solid, tough build quality and fine engine. We have 3 vehicles. This is the cheapest and most popular. There are numerous times when the Sporttrac has been indispensible that I and my friends are constantly grateful for such an excellent purchase.

Sport Trac #2
By jgibb on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my second SportTrac. I was extremely happy with the first until a little old lady in a '71 Lincoln sled totalled it. I came away from the accident with only bumps and bruises and was as impressed as thankful.I turned around and purchased another ASAP. It has performed well in inclement weather and off-road. The 4.0 liter has plenty of guts, the interior is comfortableand seats five easily. Granted, the bed is small but I don't need a full size truck. This is a niche vehicle and fits perfectly into my niche. Unlike the Avalanche it also fits perfectly in my garage. A lockable, removeable hard tonneau cover is a great accessory. This truck draws stares and lots of thumbs up!

Have it all
By boatndive on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT Premium Rwd 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck for those who want to be able to carry some small loads for home use. The back window also goes down to accomodate lumber. A great towing capacity of 5000lbs for my boat, room for 4 with regular size rear doors. Suspension can be improved by adding sway bar underneth. Minimal cost. Very happy with truck except for door handles in 2002 model. The paint chips easily. Plenty of power from v-6 with truck being lighter than regular f- 150.

I love my Sport Trac!
By Lindzay71676 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I absolutely love this truck. You get the best of both worlds as an SUV or as a truck with the bed on back. The interior is very luxurious with all the extras. My best vehicle purchase so far!

2004 ford explorer sport trac 4X4
By mcr3020 on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4WD 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven both explorer and sport trac and love both. T do not find any truck like ride with the sport trac. I found it to be great for soccer moms. Plenty of room inside. Rubber floors easy to clean and won't get ruined from mud and cleated shoes. The bed has just enough room for groceries or duffly bags and book packs. And a Kid"s bike fits great> They must of changed the undercarrage because I drove 2002 4X4 Ranger and this doesn"t drive like it did. I loved the Ranger but needed more room. I think someone needs to ride in the newer make.

Bonewitzr
By bonewitzr on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this truck. It is so fun to drive and there are so many features at such a low price. I recommend it!