2004 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
The SUV's SUV
By CB on 06/30/09 20:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

King of the Road. Great SUV if you are going to be in the car alot. Fuel economy is not great, but also not bad when compared to closet rivals like Tahoe or Expedition. Only downside I see after owning for all these years is it is not the best car to maneuver around in stop and go traffic. Great on the highways and trips over an hour. If they made a newer one I would buy it. Would like to see a little better fuel efficiency maybe 15 mpg. Solid safety - I would hate to be in a car that impacts an Excursion.

The road warrior
By mike on 09/01/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

We are very happy with the Ford Excursion! Seats 8 comfortably. We love the four wheel drive. Excellent towing, lots of cargo space. Has 33" tires and drives great! Love the front and rear AC, DVD, and wireless headphones great for the kids.

302k miles and no problems
By veblenesque on 05/26/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is amazing. It is amazingly big, tall, fuel inefficient, and difficult to maneuver. But I've got 302,000 miles on the original 5.4l engine and transmission (which works out to 20,000 gallons, or $80,000, of gas). This is a serious SUV that should only be used by those who need it. Even with a V8, it is surprisingly slow. You need to pay attention when you're driving it, and a long trip can be stressful. But it holds a lot and is surprisingly competent offroad.

Love this Ford
By vicratz on 09/29/07 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had zero problems with my Excursion and I'm impressed! It drives as well today and it drove when I bought it. The steering wheel leather doesn't hold up well but that's about it.

Diesel Limited
By JUDOMAN007 on 05/17/07 02:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Bought new and have been driving since. I have 105,000 miles and still have original tires, brakes. Mileage has been an average of 16.8-16.9 though I do mostly highway driving. Only problem I had was the alternator went around 75,000 miles and parts are expensive for this big truck. It is fun to drive and can carry just abuot anything! Great value, too bad they got rid of this truck line!

Wish they still made these....
By naaziz on 02/07/07 20:17 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

I own a 6.0 Turbodiesel. This is one of a kind. Bought it for towing capacity (Have my Prius for commuting & Range Rover for off roading) and I am surprised how fond I have become of this truck. It is a shame Ford discontinued this truck. For space, power and functionality, nothing comes close. I have hauled plywood in the back (with doors closed), multiple people with their bags and a 6000lb boat behind me and it does not even break a sweat. I am planning on holding on to this truck as I do not know of any other vehicle on the market that offers all the functionality that Excursion offers. Unlike other reviews, I think mileage is fine for size and weight of the truck.

Great SUV love it!
By 3kiddad on 12/12/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. I love the 3/4 ton durability with all the passenger and cargo capacity. Rides like truck not a car but I like it.

Great Truck!
By txaggie on 04/12/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this Excursion, but with gas prices so high, I don't love paying $100 to fill it up. It is great for hauling a lot of kids and cargo. The versatility of folding down the seats is really nice.

dream come true
By jesse vera on 04/01/06 13:26 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle drives like a limo. It responds like a 2007. Nothing wrong with it.

Gr8 Truck!
By Paulo on 12/04/05 00:33 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Great truck! Great performance! Excellent towing capacity and gas mileage in the city and road. Very happy about it.