2001 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
ROAD WARRIOR TRAVELING SALESMAN
By dave on 06/20/05 14:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I owned 5 Suburbans. In 2001 I had a choice to pay cash for an Excursion or Suburban. The Suburban had less room, smaller motor and was 2,000 dollars higher. I chose the Ford. In 155,000 miles I replaced the tires, fuel pump and filter and brake pads. I will be replacing the shocks and and pads again this week. I drove that truck all over the country averaging 50,000 miles per year. It still runs well and looks nice. It failed me once when at 99,000 miles the fuel pump went out and stranded me in Colorado. Other than that it beat out all the GMCs I ever owned.

Going from like to love
By biggest of em all on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased a 2001 Ford Excursion in April of 2002. no ac AND TO FIX IT WOULD BE A TUNE OF $950.00. Then in May I ran into something different, A HOLE IN THE CYLINDER BLOCK WHICH WOULD HAVE COST OVER $7,200. FOR PARTS AND LABOR BUT WAS ONLY $100.00

excellant for camping
By g w minter on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

easy to handle in traffic, good mirrows,good thottle response, quick for a large vechicle, seats easy to fold down for large stowage area, bucket seats comfortable on long trips, nice running boards for easy entry, has back-up sensors which are nice for parking,

2001 Excursion
By dankole on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Excursion XLT 2WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has done absolutly everthing that I have needed it to do