1993 Ford Escort Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
I'm now a Ford man!
By Bradley on 08/25/06 16:29 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

I bought my 93 sedan with 65k on the clock and now have 76k+. I get 40 mpg around town and 48 on the hwy. It is a manual! I'm 6'1" and find the car adequately comfortable for 500+ mile trips to VA from NY state. Plan a trip to see friends in San Antonio TX this winter. The car feels brand new, smells new and the body is sharp. That is great considering all the salt on NY state roads in winter. It handles great in snow with care. Cold or hot weather no problem. Never owned a ford but love this car. My 70 year old mother loves it too. The fold down seats are handy. The insurance rates are great on it. Not flashy but I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I just need to think of a name for her. RUBY?

Great Little Car
By great car on 01/13/06 17:11 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This has got to be the best car I have ever owned. Phenomenal reliability and durability, especially for an American made car in the early 90's. Other than brakes and exhaust, this baby has everything else original, and I can't ever remember a time it has refused to start, drive, or generally perform like I wanted it to. Too bad they don't make the Escort any more, as the Focus appears constantly plagued by a slew of problems, both cosmetic and mechanical. If you can find a used Escort anywhere between '92-'99, grab it & hold on to it; you won't regret it.

172k and still kicking
By munchie on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

I bought my car 5 years ago with 77k. Repair work has been very reasonable. It wasn't until the car hit around 150k that the engine needed some work. And within the last year I just had to replace the brake pads and the altenator. But when your car has 170+k you can't complain. This car is the best car anyone in my family has had.

I love my Escort
By kifisia on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since it was one year old. It has been a great car and it would have been even better had I not taken it to som horrible mechanics. It is getting old now but it is so economical that I just refuse to let go. The dogs love it too. It is perfect for them.

Incredible Reliability
By jgh2020 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my LX sedan used with 16,000 miles on it, and have since put on 130,000 more miles. I have replaced the clutch at 130,000, put in a used rebuilt A/C at 110,000, otherwise routine maintenance, tires, etc. I can cruise on the highway very easily at 85mph and this car is as solid as a rock, no shakes or rattles. I don't worry about door dings, grocery carts because it is an Escort...bring it on! It still has tremendous pep in the acceleration with the manual tranny. For the money spent, this has been an amazing car and I will have a hard time giving it up.

Wish I could keep it forever
By Louiza on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

A great little car. It would be even better if I had not taken it to horrible places such as All Tune and Lube in Fairfax. They fixed one thing and destroyed another...Having a great mechanic is important, and I think with the help of one, the Ford Escort 93 can keep going and going and going.

Very reliable car
By Genorama on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX-E 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 7 years and have done nothing to it but routine maintance. A/C still works, all power accessories still work, doesn't smoke or leak oil, still has good power and mileage, interior still looks good.

Good car
By Mo and Steak on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I was surprised at the reliability of this little car. We actually never had any very major repairs needed - engine and transaxle still going strong at 119000 miles. Problems: timing belt went at EXACTLY 80k miles (give or take a few). Bad thermostat caused fan to come on just before the car ran hot. Suspension took a beating in Boston - 2 sets of tie rods, axles.

RETAIL PRICE
By Lisa LAmbert on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I would like to sell my car to purchase a newer one. The car has been depaendable but 10 years old and time to move up to a little nicer car. I just need to know what price I should consider selling this car for.