1991 Ford Escort Consumer Review: 91 Cayman GT

1991 Ford Escort - Consumer Review

1991 Ford Escort

LX Wagon (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

91 Cayman GT
By The_Green_Goblin on

1991 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I am the 2nd documented owner, the First owner had a 16 year old child that did not know how to handle a car like this or appreciate it. I bought it, rebuilt it, and it blows my LX out of the water as far as performance, comfort and styling. The fact it shares the BG Chassis with Mazda makes it a bit easier to find aftermarket performance parts. I have put about 700 miles on my car since June, and I love it. All K&N Filters, 205-55ZR15's, and it handles like a dream. Comes factory with Tokico struts, which is a great manufacturer of suspension equip. I absolutely love it and plan on keeping it to hand down to my son. Not a Mustang, but I blow by those anyways. I recommend it 100%!

Extra side bolster seat support, Punchy BP05 I4 Mazda DOHC engine, Tight suspension, Great maneuverability, Aggressive styling, Overall well rounded sub compact sports car.

Stronger Transmissions, as the G-series in them is not the strongest one for people who like to power shift. No improvements as these cars are, in my opinion, rated better in drivability over the competitor, Civic.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review