Used 1991 Ford Escort Pony Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Reliable, but has problems
By Fronches

1991 Ford Escort Pony 2dr Hatchback

My Ford Escort Pony is a reliable car. It has never let me down when I needed it. Problems include malfunctioning automatic seatbelts, failing gas and unreliable temperature gauges. Also, check engine, and check coolant lights come on normally. Despite these problems the car operates fine, and is a good fun car. The 5-speed transmission is great, but the clutch is weak.

1.9L Pony engine small and manuverable folding rear seat good gas mileage

High performance clutch (more grip). Better exterior paint and trim.

This Car Rocks, Dudes!!!!!
By Autobon Maniac

1991 Ford Escort Pony 2dr Hatchback

I drove this car on the German Autobon for several years. 40,000 miles with my foot so hard to the floorboards, I would get leg cramps (you laugh.) Top end...maybe 140 going downhill. Those big ole' Granddaddy 5 series Mercedes and 7 series Bimmers would pass me so fast they would suck me out into their lane, but the Escort was a hoot nonetheless. 7 hours to Italy....4 1/2 hours to Amsterdam....Ahhhh the good life!

Cheap to own and operate. Chicks dig it!!!!! Email me if you have similar experiences and would like to start a club!!!

Absolutely nothing!!!! Why mess with perfection!!!

www.escortracing.com
By julianja

1991 Ford Escort Pony 2dr Hatchback

This is a very reliable car,definitly an improvement over the first gen escort. It has been refined and restyled to be a moderatly beautiful car as well. it has exceptional fuel efficiency, and very low maintenence costs. Proper preventitive maintenance is a must. The seats are comfortable for short trips only(50 miles or less). The 1.9L provides ample power for the car. Owners of the escort should go to www.escortracing.com and check out our message board at the Escort Racing Development Team.

Large faithful folloing of owners. it is a world class car that is respected in every counrty but the US. Highly underestimated.

lower, more ergonomic seats. (ford is notorious for bad ergonomics). and, last but not least, to ford: Bring it back!