My One Regret This Year!
By ItsJustMe on
2006 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
I thought I got a great deal, no such luck. Problems with cruise control and the gas pedal sticking, gas tank and fuel shut off, gas wouldn't always ready full until I drove 40 miles, burns oil - bad - at not even 40,000 miles, seals in the windows and doors are poor - lots of wind sounds. Finally, there was a horrible vibration sound coming out of fan/windshield area. Had it to 3 dealerships and nobody could fix it. Got worse with wind direction (sounds like something was stuck). Replaced blower motor and nothing changed. Horrible purchase overall. Its one thing after another. I know many people who love theirs, but please research and test drive until your blue in the face!!
Favorite Features
The storage in this vehicle is great. The back seats folds completely down and you can get a lot in. In the winter months, it heats up really fast. Rear-windshield wiper is great. Average 24-26 MPG with a mix of city/country. Best is 31. I like the center counsole vs. on the steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
Everything besides what's listed in favorite features. Seats are really uncomfortable. I have a tan interior and water leaves a stain - horrible for kids.