1995 Ford Contour Consumer Review: Fun, but still a Ford!

1995 Ford Contour Sedan - Consumer Review

Fun, but still a Ford!
By mwh on

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my Father-in- law. He had it since new and it is a fully optioned V6 SE. By the time I got it (70,000 miles) I had to replace the full suspension system, tyres, Brakes, water pump, electric fan and some other things that I can't remember. As you can imagine I was less than impressed. The check engine light also came on at highway speeds (still does but know one knows why). I have been through 3 Ford dealers as they do not know what customer service is. But since I replaced the above components, the car has been reasonably reliable and is fun to drive. I have 2 young kids and it is roomy enough to carry our load on vacation.

Drivability and performance. This car handles and drives very well. Accelerating on to the freeway is a pleasure. The trunk is also very roomy.

Ford Dealerships have no idea about customer service. I will not buy a Ford again as I do not wish to deal with them. Cup holders are a pain.