Used 1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Bronco - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Bronco

View reviews for a specific Bronco model:

Problems with 94
By jphillips93

1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I have 94 bronco with the 351 under it with the auto tranny 4speed with o/d. i have a problem with it slipping into what seems to be netural when shifting from 4th to od and sometimes before that. Stepping on it at a light the other day i hit about 30mph and it just reved up to about 4grand and would go back into gear till i came to a complete stop any ideas on what it might be. I added a little fluid to it hoping it would help, havent had much time to test it out.

Favorite Features

removable top is the best when out 4x4ing

Love the truck!
By Murfman

1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

I absolutely love this truck. I just turned 16 and got it for a first truck. It sounds great and drives smooth. It took me a while to figure out how you take it outta for wheel drive. All ya got to do is put it in neutral and press the brake. I have 37" tires on it with an 8 inch lift with the 351 under the hood. And I'm getting around 13 miles to the gallon. So it's awesome. I would recommend this for anyone.

Favorite Features

It can drive through anything. This truck is a beast. Put it in four wheel drive and you can go anywhere you want.

The Best
By Steve

1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This was hands down the best truck I have ever owned. It had its typical repairs you would expect from a 12 year old truck, but it ran strong and reliably until it decided to spontaneously combust. The engine compartment burst into flames after sitting for five days and not running at all. Other than the fire it was a fantastic vehicle and will be sorely missed.

Favorite Features

Power rear window, 4 wheel drive, comfy leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

The tailgate latching mechanisms could have been designed better. I was constantly having to clean them and regreasing.

Awesome Truck
By Kaboom

1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my second '94 Bronco. I've put over 150,000 miles in Broncos and have only had to do 1 repair (other than basic maint like oil, battery, tune ups every 30k) in the past 11 years on both trucks. Awesome ride, power, cargo space. Tough as nails and looks great. Current one has 157,000 miles, just put a new rear end (the 1 repair) and it drives like new. Solid truck that will hold whats left of its value. Safe, fun, and powerful.

Favorite Features

Engine 351 has TONS of power, lots of cargo space, 4x4, safe, and just general toughness.

Suggested Improvements

Drinks gas like a you wouldn't believe. Expect around 10-12 MPG. Get a Flowmaster muffler and create terror to other drivers when you step on the gas.

Be Careful
By Jim/Jenna

1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD

We owned it for 2 months with no problems. Then we had to drive to Texas. On the 2nd day of our journe the fan was torqued off and hit the waterpump.(We were pulling a 88 Bronco 2). So we got the waterpump replaced. Then 40mi down the road it happened again, this time it broke the waterpump and the radiator. So we fixed all that and another 50 miles later the fuel pump and fuel filter went bad. So all and all between having to be towed and getting parts fixed it cost us about $1000. Also the back windshield stopped working fom the rear and the switch had to be relaced on the dash. You also can't roll the passenger window back up from the drivers side.

Favorite Features

AC works great, has a lot of power

Suggested Improvements

mechanical defects, cheap parts, gas milage is horrible (about 10 city/12 highway)