Used 1999 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Maxi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Van model:

Dodge Van? never again!
By dditaranto

1999 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Maxi 3dr Ext Van

I bought this 1999 Dodge 3500 extended cargo van brand new. This was after owning three other dodge vans, which I was very happy with. The older vans were built much stronger and lasted much longer between repairs. This van has cost me more time and money than it's worth. After just two years I had to sink over $1,700. for the front end to be rebuilt, The rotors were replaced twice at the cost of over$700., the fuel pump was also replaced, the oxygen sensors were replaced(by myself) for a cost of $179.00 for two,the sensor in the rear that controls the speedometer was replaced, etc.Today I was told that the heads need replacing, the fuel pump, the fuel jets,$3,600!!!.. Dodge? NEVER AGAIN!!!

Favorite Features

The only things I like about this van are the MP3 player that I put in myself and the design of the exterior is nice, but because they moved the driver seat foward the wind blows directly in your ear with the window open. DODGE? NEVER AGAIN!!

Suggested Improvements

First and most important, MAKE THIS VEHICLE MORE RELIABLE. It's amazing to me that they can charge ridiculous prices for these vehicles, but the van was not built to last, maybe Dodge figures that once we buy it, it's cheaper to fix it, so they make their vehicles like toys.DODGE? NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!