Used 2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Mega Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Mileage-Mileage-not
By STANLEY

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got the truck to tow a travel trailer. I'm sure it will do that just fine. The mega-cab has great room for everyone to sit comfortably. I traded in a Dakota quad-cab on this truck. I had the 4.7 V-8 and got 19 MPG on the highway. Iím very dissatisfied with the mileage of the 1500. I know I got the Hemi. But Iím only getting 12.5 miles per gallon of mid-grade gas and I donít gun it.

I love the satellite radio. It gives me the stuff I want to listen to and few commercials. The radio controls on the steering wheel are just great. I donít have to take my eyes off the road to change stations or volume.

Like some other owners, I too think wheel well liners should be standard. Better gas mileage would be a definite plus. It takes too long for the A/C to make the cab comfortable.

Great truck, but thirsty
By 1STDODGE

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Dodge and so far am extremely satisfied with the exception of the fuel economy. Best I have gotten on complete interstate driving at 70 mph is 15.6. Mostly I average around 13. That's after installing a Magna Flow exhaust system (added 1 - 1.5 mpg). Color, trim, wheels, etc. are amazing and people are always telling me how great it looks. Rides like a dream and plenty of power.

The smooth ride and power. Chrome wheels and 20" tires are worth it. Lots of storage. Sirius radio.

Fuel economy! What the heck are these engineers thinking? Other than that better speakers and fewer yet better radio options.