2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
The Beast
By mike thompson on 01/02/09 06:49 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I went looking for a high performance truck from the start. One test drive and I had to have this beast. Don't give a darn about gas mileage. I get about 12mpg in the city and 16mpg on the road. Added a Volant cool air system which makes the engine compartment even better looking. I've had so many people just want to stop me and look at the engine. Plan on adding a supercharger when my extended warranty runs out. Lambo doors in a few weeks for looks.

God I love This Truck
By The_Dober_Man on 11/08/08 12:09 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Well, If you're looking for fuel efficiency, don't buy it. If you're looking to crush sports cars, Lightnings, C600's, this is the truck for you. I've even beat a few SRT8's, almost all SRT4's, and ticked off a few Vettes while it was still stock. What's really fun is when you hit it, and put everyones head in the back of the seat! I for sure bought the right truck for fun.

V-8 HUNTER
By V8-HUNTER on 08/29/08 06:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever purchased. I have done some extensive mods (custom paint, lambo doors, rims, exhaust, cold air, etc.) but it just added to the fun. I go to many car shows and always get tons of questions or people just look in awe at the engine. It's a shame they stopped producing them. If they ever decide to start up again with maybe 600 hp plus engine, I would be first in line.

Oregon viper
By BEN GRIM on 06/15/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought my 05 Viper SRT 10 in Tucson AZ. When I first seen it I knew I had to have it. It is white with blue stripes that goes from the front to the rear of the vehicle. 2 dr with all the bells and whistles of course 6 speed. I'm running on 22" like any true player would. My truck is 99 out of 200 made that year. I was told that this might possibly be a collectors item. I presently have 6000 miles on it, shall I sell or keep?!

Bad to the Bone
By Kenneth H. Lawrence on 04/07/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This the pinnacle of performance trucking. it's a shame that these beast are not produced anymore!

1 MPG per Cylinder
By Up in Smoke on 04/03/07 10:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

What a fun truck. It is without a doubt the baddest truck ever built. My biggest complaint is when people ask me how I like that Hemi engine. Maybe if the "viper powered" decal was bigger that wouldn't happen. Brakes are the best of any car, let alone truck out there. handling is great, for a truck. Ride is stiff, but not bad. I'd rather tow with my diesel Ram, so I do. The SRT is just for hauling around town. 0-60 is good, 0-120 is great, 70- 120, not so good, but it is a heavy brick wall to move through the air at those speeds. Buy one and step up, this is the only truck a true "car-guy" can drive.

I would marry this truck!
By Better than a man... on 01/30/07 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I absolutly love this truck. The looks you get, the power it has. This truck will put you back in your seat! I don't think I will ever sell it. I got the black one and it looks really sharp, but hard to keep clean. That is the only thing I would change.

Pure Fun
By KURT HOFFMAN on 11/20/06 18:24 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

What can I say that has not already been said? It is pure fun and excitment to drive, and it sure makes heads turn when you drive by. I had to get used to how well this "truck" handles. It bounced me around because the response is so fast and exact. I love it and don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

Bad paint, tough truck
By Ram Jam on 09/27/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

The Ram 1500 4x4 4 door is a strong truck with some problems. It has a view issue when turning to your left. The exterior paint is failing from under the clear coat to the top. Bad grip during wet conditions. It has type of skip when A/C is on and in idle. The dealership showed that all the '05s have it. The bed cover (extra) lock quit working. Engine is powerful though.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L truck
By coronas on 07/05/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

It is a really nice truck to own. It turns heads everywhere you go. If only gas was cheaper than $2.00 dollars so that one could ride it more.