Used 2008 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Great, Reliable SUV! Love it & buying a 2nd!
By TheHeinels

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this suv with 60000 miles on it, one owner. Currently has 140,000 miles and no major issues! It has been absolutely fantastic with upkeep (just brakes, oil changes and other routine maintenance). Nitro gets great gas mileage for an SUV (avg around 22mi/gallon combined city/hwy & I live in the mountains). Great snow driving vehicle, though I would prefer a 4-low option on the all wheel drive (it just offers 4 high). Biggest downfall was the radio, which stopped working after one year (easy to replace with aftermarket radio & speakers are still great), the cheaper plastic interior pieces which have taken quite a beating from my dogs (scratches, scuffs etc), and the low front end clearance due to plastic bumper, which really limits off road capabilities.
Overall, it's been a great vehicle and we're looking to add a second one to our family!

Very dependable
By Jackie

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Nitro for 8 years.
Replaced front brakes once and water pump once . Other than regular oil changes no problems.
Good investment. Paid for for several years. Think I'll keep it. Life time warranty.

Idiling problems
By plank3

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First vehicle that I bought brand new. The first three years were great but now the truck will stall when idling. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership for service but the problem cannot be reproduce. Only have 70k on it. Any suggestions?

Like the cargo space and ease of loading.

reliable suv
By montreal7

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

got it from new.
had 100k miles and only water pump replaced.
other was oil and brakes.
the tail gate light switch issue is standart on this truck and i got the problem.
i just disconnect the switch and go.

In snow the control is the best I never see.
so very reliable, fair driving and power, very good tractiion control,
but cheap interior plastic. the center console was too big leaving less room for nothing.
trunk wideness a little small,
you could not put a plywood sheet.

if the interior plastic was better quality and the console smaler i will give a 9 on 10 ..

go ahead, you will like it.

realibility

smaller center console and better interior plastic.

IN LOVE WITH MY NITRO
By mylesmommy

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with the Nitor at first sight and I havent had any big issues since I ourchased it brand new in 2008. I only have one child so I didn't need anything huge but I didnt want a golf ball this is perfect the gas milage is pretty good for an SUV. Its very fun to drive as it sits a little higher than other SUV's of the same size. I was in the army so off road diriving comes natural to me and my Nitro conforms to my semi wild life style. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I love the sound system and my moon roof.