2003 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Great little car

2003 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Review

Great little car
By Gil on

2003 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 6'3" tall and I fit in this small car. It was one criteria when I purchased it. Great sounding audio system. The automatic is a bit doggy, but I'm not a race driver. Easy to park with little front end thanks to the cab forward design. Taken it on long trips and even slept in it overnight. Wish it had power rear windows, though. Lots of head and legroom for tall people. Safety rating---I ride a motorcycle and no matter how it fared on the safety tests, it's better than a bike. Has enough power to get out of its own way, so hopefully accidents can be avoided. Handles well in high winds and stops quickly when necessary.

Favorite Features

Bright headlights (replaced original bulbs with Sylvania Silverstars), Most controls are on stalks on the column, including cruise control, which is easier than on the dash or steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic transmission is a little quirky...seems to be a problem for Chrysler. Power rear windows would have been nice. 2005 is the last year for the Neon, let's see what the new Dodge Caliber brings us.