1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
This Car Is Garbage!
By birdie on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

We have spent approximately $7,000 on repairing this car and now the transmission is gone and the dealership wants another $2,000! This car has had a new engine, sensors, a/c problems etc. DO NOT BUY!

Research didn't help
By Qdubb on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car in '01 I did the research. At least I thought I did. Consumer reports had positive things to say about it but now I regret purchasing this car. My biggest issue is the price I paid for this car ($15995). Now I 'd be lucky to get $7000 for this thing. It's a money pit. I have had my share of issues from brakes to oil pan issues and AC in the last couple of years and I am now just waiting for the next big break in my pocket book. The sad thing is I know three other people I work with who wishes they had never made their Intrepid purchase.

not so happy anymore
By sabrina1234 on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car looks and rides nice, had first payments deferred before even my first payment car was high idle and stalling. rpms high found out 2 senors went out oil leaks around transmission dealer ship fixed. also window motor went out total for dealer to fix car ($800) and two months later feeling like driving on pins and needles whats next car has stalled twice and now check engine light is on all the time, i dont know what to do. dealer wants money again just to look. cant afford to have it looked at.

On the road again
By Roger Nafts on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I haven't had any trouble with this vehicle. Oil Changes on a regular basis.

Bad engine 2.7 liter
By Mr. Roberts on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

The intrepid was a great car UNTIL the engine fell apart at 73000. According to Jasper Engines, Dodge has a problem with the 2.7 liter engine in the Intrepid. Our Intrepid had to have new engine put in. Wish someone would have told me about the problem engine. Buyers beware.

the worst car i ever had
By kj6992 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

it was the worst car i ever owned. i would not have any other chrysler product in my garage. they are cheap, they don't run worth anything after 30,000 miles, and i just don't think they care too much about us.

Oh Those Sensors!!!
By Wgold on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I also had problems with both sensors. I learned too well what "Limp Mode" was! The total cost for both episodes was about $260 each. Definitively it's something that needs to be corrected. I have gone over 100K miles and I use it every day. I love he car and probably would buy anotherÂ…If they fix those darn sensors.

Great Car
By Steve12367 on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great highway car. Great cruiser

Dodge introuble not intrepid
By Andy Lohden on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Last post 90 car I am buying. I traded in an Eclipse, because I wanted a car that was more reliable, but it was just as junky as the eclipse. I replaced every sensor and a $320 Fuel pump in the first year. Took Dodge dealer 2months to figure out the fuel pump problem. I bought a 84 Ford Crown Vic for $500 to get me around until the dodge was fixed. The Crown Vic never gave me a problem, so I tried to sell the Dodge, but I can't get what I owe on it. I hope it likes the barn I'm going to store it in until I can sell the garbage. Be wise buy an old clunker it'll get you further then the new junks without the payment. Dodge, Eclipse hater.

No more dodge
By no more dodge on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

After three years of major repair bills I've finally given up. Rack & pinion out at 60K and average repair bill around $2K per year. Now it has a mysterious starting problem that has put it in the shop for 4 weeks straight that the mechanics can't figure out. I bought another vehicle last week.