Used 1999 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Beauty is only skin deep
By Jim Adams

1999 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Intrepid new expecting to have it for a long time. The engine siezed due to oil sludge before I hit 60,000 miles. The repair was very expensive and time consuming. Since replacing the engine I have had to replace numerous other components and I still haven't gotten to 80,000 miles. I can't afford to sell it because of it's reputation and depleted savings.

Exterior looks and large interior and trunk space. When it's running the MPG is incredible given the size of the car.

Replace the engine and make the quality of the car equal to the style.

Pathetic
By Steffiesue

1999 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off lease and it was great for 6 months. Since then I have replaced the speed sensor the power stearing pump 2 times, the same belt 2 times, and the alternator 2 times. I had it worked on at the Dodge dealership here in town. On top of this I have also replaced the computer. The car is well maintained and has less than 80,000 miles on it.

The size and gas mileage. Huge trunk

Reliabity

Sorry to see it go
By adeldrip

1999 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought the Intrepid off lease at 17,000 miles. Yes I went through the warranty window motors, big deal. The 2.7 engine NEVER gave me any trouble. The car handled well, I loved driving it. I finally had to trade it off after 115,000 miles. It's TERRIBLE driving on gravel roads. If you live in the country don't buy it, the fan fills up with mud and it takes hours to clean up. It's too close to the ground and it leaks dust in the car.

Lots of room, runs great, front wheel drive.

Tighten it up, raise it up. But since it's not made anymore, I guess it doesn't matter.

Awesome, reliable car!
By cac

1999 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

We bought our Intrepid with 113k miles and it now has 144k and is still going strong. A very comfortable trip car, with no problems at all. Just stay up with the oil changes!

Comfortable, roomy, lots of trunk space and backseat leg room. Like the cupholders.

More horsepower, kinda long.

Mine has been great
By Happy

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my ES 3.2L new in May '99. We've had it for a little over 6 years now and just recently had to replace a transmission speed sensor. That is the only non-scheduled maintenance in 6 years! Guess I got a good one. We had it in Europe for 4 years and this thing will cruise the autobahn all day at 100 MPH with no problem. It really has been an exceptional family car for us.

Huge trunk. Huge interior. Nice leather seats. Infinity stereo system is very nice. Great gas mileage for a big car (28-29 highway).

Doors are long, especially in tight parking lots (not made for Europe!). Limited visibility for close-in maneuvering.