Used 1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

All around great car!
By jhuk21

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This car has everything you could need. Enough power, comfort, and reliability. I have over 110,000 miles and it still runs very smooth and strong and the interior is practically brand new. Nothing has gone out on it, yet.

automatic climate control, automatic dimmer for rearview mirror, horsepower, trunkspace, and rims.

cupholders, heated seats.

Great Car For Us!!
By airportdave

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

We've had our fully loaded ES for over 5 years and we love it- roomy and comfortable and reliable. To date, the only major probelm has been the transmission control module, replaced under warranty at 20,000m. Replacing the OEM struts and upgrading to 235/55/17 tires/wheels made it handle even better.

Great ergonomics, trunk big enough to camp in. Comfortable long haul cruiser. Solid after five years with no ratttles.

Better quality window lifts (our left rear is intermittent), could use more sound deadening- our 2004 Durango Limited is 100% quieter!! Could use a few more ponies under the hood, especially at altitude.

Terrible
By olive5

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this leased vehicle from my company (who obtained it new) and I know it had good perodic maintenance because I saw the records but it had catastrophic failure of the engine and transmission with less than 74,000 miles on it. Daimler-Chrysler should be ashamed of this 2.7L engine.

Build it to last.

Engine issues
By Shonda

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car when I first got it. It's so comfortable and drives really nice. I had a couple of minor issues, which you can always expect when you own a car. The problem came when the oil light started coming on a few months ago. My oil didn't need changed so I didn't undertand the problem. The repair shop told me this is an issue w/ Dodge engines. The oil cannot circulate because of narrow passages and therefore cooks the oil, causing a sludge buildup. After researching I found that this really is a common problem among this car. Just do a search on "oil sludge Intrepid". Now my car has 51,000 miles and will die soon.

Roomy and comfortable to drive.

Fix the engine please. Dodge was unwilling to help me out.

A sexy value packed family car
By carguy85

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is drop dead gorgeous. It is easily the best looking car with four doors. The interior is huge and very comfortable and it dash and gauges look sporty. While the car is really big physically, it handles very well and is quite tossable on backroads. The base V6 could have been more powerful though, but it was adequate enough for most situations. Reliability is actually quite good with no serious problems to report, though with 75000 miles on it, the power windows are begining to short circuit sometimes. Overall, though, it is a very good car with good value, lots of style, and a high fun to drive quotient.

The styling inside and out. The huge trunk was great for vacations and the front buckets are so comfortable and are well bolstered.

I wish cd player was standard equipment back in 1999. The rear vision could be a bit better and the base engine could use more power. Also, the rear seat, while plenty comfortable, could be slightly more upright.