Used 1999 Dodge Intrepid ES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

TANK!
By smiley

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 99 intrepid for about 6 months put it through hell and back. a week after i got it i smeared a deer. sat in the garage till Jan. got the new door and fender that was messed up from hitting the deer. yesterday i rear ended someone and totaled his car. only scratched my car. I hit him doing 40. and I'm still driving it. no problems besides deployed airbags now. Love this car! I'm getting another one!

Favorite Features

sound system and acceleration!

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage

Expectations met
By steve

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

i started reading the bad reviews about 4 years ago and was nervous until i realized I had the 3.5 engine. Bought it new and have had it now 10 years with 145,000 miles. It is the most comfortable riding car i have ever had. Transmission problems in 2003, but other than that, nothing major. there have been a lot of little annoying things that have gone wrong: power windows, heater fan, power locks etc. Right now it seems to be running like a clock!

Favorite Features

Comfort, room.

I Love It
By Sweetgirl

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I got my Intrepid about 3 years ago. It was my very first car so, I took extra good care of it. My dad replaced the engine when we bought it because the previous owners did not take care of it. It runs smooth for me(and I do a lot of highway driving). Plus, the car is very roomy and it has a lot of leg room for tall people, I have a tall family and I am tall myself (i'm about 6'2) and I do not like trucks so I fit very comfortable in it. I recommed this car to any one who knows how to take care of a car, cause lets face it you treat the motor wrong it's going to blow!!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the air conditioner.

A car that will be missed.
By Kyle

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned the Intrepid with the 3.2 V6. It was an excellent car, never any problems, always ran like a champ. I know people say this car has a bad engine. That's only if you get the 2.7, so if you go with the 3.2 or 3.5 you'll be fine. My Intrepid was a great car up until a couple of days ago. I had gotten into a small car accident where the front end went up the SUV in front of me. My passenger and I and the other cars were all fine. However the Intrepid is toast. It still runs and all but needs a new front end and radiator. I plan on buying an Intrepid that has a 2.7 engine that has failed and swapping it with mine.

Favorite Features

Comfortable for short and long trips. Amazing MPG on highway roughly 31. Very safe car and never failed once.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders and the Infinity sound system is good but not strong for loud music.

My Dodge
By Jim

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I am very happy with my Intrepid ES. I bought it with 65,000 miles on it. {100,000 mile warranty} It was a program car that was well taken care of. Leather interior and the works. Beautiful riding highway cruiser. I have 140,000 and it's ready for lots more. So far I have only had to put in a new starter & flywheel. I replaced the front struts and it's back to the ride it was when I got it. The only problem I have with it is the weatherstripping around all four doors has shrunk about 1 inch from time and weather. Dodge wouldn't do anything about covering it under the warranty for replacement. The mileage could be better, but I am really happy with it

Favorite Features

It was built for roadtrips and I love to roadtrip with it.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can say is they need to do something about replacing the weatherstripping at no cost to the owner