2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
SE plus power train
By SEPlus on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a SE plus 2005 Grand caravan vehicle couple of months back. Initially vehicle was good but now it is not that great. Currently I have about 3000 miles only. Getting a rattle noise from engine(started around 1500 miles), checked with dealer couple of times but they claim it is normal for this powertrain. Dealers are not ready to write anything about the design flaw. Dealership Mechanics agree that it is an issue with 2005 models, but they refuse to give in writing.I am posting here as it might help the ones who is planning to buy one. I would strongly caution them.

Auto Satisfaction
By gene olson on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car---am very satisfied

2005 grand caravan sxt review
By dan prosser on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very thoughtfully designed vehicle! Stow and go is elegant in its simplicity. Great initial quality-no trips to dealer after 5000 miles. In a trip from IL to AZ, I got 21.5 miles/gal averaging 65 mph. Only concern was that the van seemed to 'float' somewhat when passing semis at 80 mph in NM. Otherwise, the ride was great and the engine very responsive to passing requests. This is my 4th Dodge minivan and is the best by far!

Brand New
By stanhan on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this van yesterday and am really impressed with it. After driving imports it surprised me how much thought was put into the interior features of the car. It has a lot to offer for the money. They try to make use of every bit of the car for storage and convenience items. The car has so many features it is sometimes unintuitive to control things on the instrument panel. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that I just bought it. From what I can tell I got a screaming good deal and I highly recommend my dealer. They were extremely nice and low pressure but provided me an "EBay" price over the phone. The car was delivered to my door.

Happy with my SXT
By swfeature on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm happy with my GC SXT so far. I've put about 2500 miles on it to date and that includes a 500 RT mile trip to Maine. Acceleration for such a heavy van is very good. Comfortable seats. Smooth and surprisingly nimble to drive. Braking system is good and easy to handle even when stopping suddenly. My kids (4 & 7) are comfortable in the rear seats - no complaints. They like reclining for sleep. CD Stereo and A/C are good and easy to operate. I like the electronic doors and liftgate - my wife doesn't - so she uses them manually which is fine.

Happy so far
By ikarus on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced my 1999 Montana ostensibly since I couldn't wait for GM's new model minivans. (always have been a GM family.) In addition, GM's minivans while adding a "nose" to their 2005 models did not offer anything new in the seat "stowage" area. The Grand Caravan SXT is undoubtedly a larger car in all respects than GM offerings. Only have had the car two weeks but satisfied with ride and engine (3.8)so far. It will take a little mileage under its belt to fairly evaluate the car but so far so good. I'll let you know later as we drive 4000K back and forth annually to AZ as to comfort and gas mileage. Happy so far.

buyer beware
By thomas6 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van for reasons as everyone (stowaway seats). A day later I notices that the rear door was about 3/4 of inch off to one side, took it back to the deadler to have it fix. The service man said that it was common problem with this model and there was they can do about it. Also I took the van in for wheel alignment they found a bolt missing from one of the front wheel axles.

Worth Every Penny
By bglover on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The new style is a real seller. The overall fit and finsh of the van is excellent. This is our first new van purchase and am glad we waited. The Stow and Go option has been a long time coming and we have made valuable use of it already.

They only get better
By Peter KY1. on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

From the first Caravan I purchased the quality and comfort have only improved. My hat is off for the 2005 Grand SXT! Comfortalbe, easy to fold down seating, engine and interior quality has finally put it into the Toyota class. And in my mind better. I have tested the Toyota, Nisson and Honda, they do not stack up to the SXT! While this is a new design, in my mind it holds up to its top compettitors. Buy it you will like it.

THE RIGHT MINIVAN
By GRYMDSNPPR on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH MY 2004 GRAND CARAVAN SE. REMOVING THE SEATS WAS THE ONLY REAL INCONVIENCE. WHEN I SAW THE ON LINE ADDS FOR 2005 WITH STOW & GO SEATING I HAD TO SEE IT. i BOUGHT ONE VERY SOON AFTER SEEING ONE FOR THE FIRST TIME. MY OLD VAN ONLY HAD 58,000 MILES. A BABY BY MY STANDARDS. I USUALLY RUN MY VEHICLES 150,000 TOO 200,000+ MILES BEFORE CHANGING. THE STOW AND GO SEATS HAVE BEEN JUST WHAT I NEEDED. THE VAN HAS BEEN TROUBLE FREE SO FAR. MY FORTH CHRYSLER BRAND MINIVAN AND THE BEST SO FAR. THE LAST ONE WAS VERTUALLY TROUBLE FREE.