Used 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

My Grand Caravan - What fun!
By Grand Caravan

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love being able to get in, turn the key, & go! If I do run into any problems, a phone call to the dealer takes care of it. If I have a problem on tne road, a call for Chysler Roadside Assistance gets me help in a very short time. And repairs take very little time at all. It does make the drive into Seattle very easy, and one I would not even contemplate without my Grand Caravan.

The Stow n Go are great seats! We go with the back seats down, and one of the second row seats down. This makes it much like a station wagon, and we use it as such. I love the cargo net between the front seats.

The cup holders need to be deeper, but I do like the way I can close it to fit the cup I have it to fit the cup I do have. I'm a dreamer, but since I do a lot of stop and go driving over short distances, my gas mileage could be better, especially with the price of gas.

I like the new features
By brandysc

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a few cars in the last few years.( Saturn, Neon, and a Windstar) None of these compare to the features of the Grand Caravan. We got the vehicle used but has almost brand new interior and exterior. I really like the DVD player, and stow and go seating.. I think this will make it much easier to travel to visit family and friends.

Stow and go seating

I want to like it, but...
By dodgeball2

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the concept of this vehicle, with stow n go and dvd player, etc. But unfortunately I have had many serious problems with this car failing on me. Repeated jump starts, etc. Not to mention the car turning off while driving - and in serious situations like expressway driving. Maybe this one is a dud, but I would be happy to leave a better rating once I have a more reliable car and a safe one for myself and two toddlers.

The concept, not the quality.

What is a lemon?
By Jon

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van with the stow-n-go seating and the next day went on a 3000 mile trip. Other than the A/C draining into the passenger compartment, we truly enjoyed our new van. By 6000 miles the belt had to be changed. By 9000 the rack and pinion had to be replaced. 10000 and part of the Emission system was replaced. Sounds as if a U-joint is clicking and a thump in the front end. When will it stop?? We no longer trust the van. Would you??

Heated leather seats. Stow-n-go seating. The ride and ride height. Instrument placement.

Great Value
By Mike B

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for the price. Very roomy and comfortable. I've had to take it in for some minor warranty work (dvd player malfunction and a dead battery) which was disappointing, but no MAJOR problems. I'm 6'4 and fit comfortably in the driver's seat. My wife is 5'3 and also fits comfortably (we have power driver seat). I have not regretted our purchase of this vehicle.

Stow and Go seating is great: the seats folding into the floor are nice, and the storage space in the floor when the center seats are upright really comes in handy. The DVD player design is convenient (it can be controlled by the driver). Plenty of engine power. Interior is put together well.

Gas mileage needs improvement. Second- row windows should open. As a tall person (6'4) I can't see all of my gauges on the dash, particularly the turn signal indicators, because they're obstructed by the steering wheel. Window and headlamp controls need to be lighted.