Used 2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

OK SUV
By mike20

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK family vehicle. Has enough power. Transmission shifting needs help. A/C is very poor.

Easy to drive, plenty of room for a mid-size suv. Option of six and seventh passengers ok if people are between 3-8 yrs old. No cargo room if loaded with people.

Better A/C unit, transmission shift kit and smoother ride.

Great SUV
By DS

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle new in '01. Have had zero problems and I'm very happy with the performance of the 4.7 engine. Towing a 17 foot boot is a non-issue. The gas mileage is ok. The paint has put up with the everyday use and its kept outside 24/7. The rear end is a little loose in the snow while in 2wd. Other than that a real nice ride for this car. Plenty of go when needed.

Fold down 3rd row seats. Rear air. ABS. Stock color correct running boards which was an easy bolt on.

Excellent Vehicle
By thestuff

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've put about 40,000 on my Durango thus far and must say I love it still. Rugged, nice ride with plenty of creature comforts for the family. The 4.7L engine is more than adequate. Only repair I've had to do so far is replacing a cracked vacuum hose. Beyond that, it's been a very reliable vehicle.

Power, styling, room

DeeDee Durango
By Daddy dan

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My little DeeDee. I loved this truck, right up to the day my wife totalled it out last week. Great ride, great looks, very comfortable. We went across the country twice in it, and had a great time. On time, at 12,000 miles a solenoid in the trans went out. That was the only problem in over 60,000 miles. Good power, good towing vehicle. It sounded good too, and didn't have a Hemi. Just a little baby 4.7. I just a bought new one, although it's not as cool looking. My wife survived a 50 MPH accident in this truck, with NO injuries. Her lipstick was even still in place after the air bag hit her in face. She walked out just fine.

Third seat, good height, great ride. Overhead console was cool, lots of storage space.

None.

Joy To Drive
By Barry Poppey

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle originally for its superior comfort. My wife has a very bad back. After the purchase we found that the handling and per formance were far superior to other makes and models of equal size. We love the overall feel and ride.

The "heated" leather seats and the very positive steering.

My vehicle could use a little larger side view mirrors, due to the limited surround vision.