Used 2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Excellent Vehicle
By thestuff

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've put about 40,000 on my Durango thus far and must say I love it still. Rugged, nice ride with plenty of creature comforts for the family. The 4.7L engine is more than adequate. Only repair I've had to do so far is replacing a cracked vacuum hose. Beyond that, it's been a very reliable vehicle.

Power, styling, room

DeeDee Durango
By Daddy dan

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My little DeeDee. I loved this truck, right up to the day my wife totalled it out last week. Great ride, great looks, very comfortable. We went across the country twice in it, and had a great time. On time, at 12,000 miles a solenoid in the trans went out. That was the only problem in over 60,000 miles. Good power, good towing vehicle. It sounded good too, and didn't have a Hemi. Just a little baby 4.7. I just a bought new one, although it's not as cool looking. My wife survived a 50 MPH accident in this truck, with NO injuries. Her lipstick was even still in place after the air bag hit her in face. She walked out just fine.

Third seat, good height, great ride. Overhead console was cool, lots of storage space.

None.

Joy To Drive
By Barry Poppey

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle originally for its superior comfort. My wife has a very bad back. After the purchase we found that the handling and per formance were far superior to other makes and models of equal size. We love the overall feel and ride.

The "heated" leather seats and the very positive steering.

My vehicle could use a little larger side view mirrors, due to the limited surround vision.

Great Vehicle
By Jeff

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Every now and then you get a vehicle that you really like. This is only the second vehicle I have had that experience with. I put about 25,000 miles per year on it and it has never let me down. The amenities in the plus package make it a luxury SUV. The power makes it a real work horse. I plan on driving this one until the wheels fall off which at the rate we're going will be a loooong time from now.

Power, Leather, Heated seats, reliability.

Add DVD navigation and headrest entertainment.

We love this truck
By Matt

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We've taken 2 long trips with this truck and have no complaints. It's comfortable, quiet, and we get 20 mpg on the freeway (running semi-syn 5w-30 oil and a K&N air filter). Plenty of power, excellent handling, excellect 4WD capabilities, comfortable 3rd seat (more comfortable than my parents Yukon! and you don't have to pull it out!) We highly recommend this vehicle to all our friends with kids-- and without. I have no idea why anyone would get the Hemi, it has plenty of power for the frame size. A/C works very well, even when it's 110 out. Dodge really thought this one out. We've had 1 repair the whole time we owned it, it was not critical it just bugged me.

Very well thought out interior, sylish exterior lines, 4.7 liter engine. Some of the body panels are cheap plastic, but the frame and powertrain are tough, believe me. We hit ice once, got air, hit the ground hard, and still drove it 20 miles home. We limped it, but we made it.

No one makes front tow hooks for it--I don't know why.