1999 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Durango Fan
By Mindemann on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Great vehicle - really enjoyed driving it. Very quick. Short turning radius. Very comfortable ride.

Dodge and The Durango -Losers
By Conned on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Bought 99'SLT new from Glen Thomas Dodge in Long Beach.Liked the looks of the car and the V8 engines power.Routinely maintained the car. Control arms bent & the bushings were shot at 36,100 miles.Took it back to dealership as it was only 100 miles over warranty. They wouldn't fix it. Called Dodge corporate but they refered me back to the GM at Glen Thomas. He did nothing.Ended up paying for something that should have been covered.51,000 miles head gaskets blew and freeze plugs failed,cost me $1200.00 to repair.Just sold the car. GT Dodge are rip offs and Dodge Corp's no better. Will never purchase a Dodge product again.

BEEN HAPPY SO FAR!!
By mpiiijlp on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used with 27K on it, now have 57K. Driver's window motor replaced, pinging (as others described) is obvious with mine too. Now have ABS light on?? Overall, I'm happy with the truck 11MPG (5.2L) all South Florida city driving. I'm just ready for something bigger, too bad Dodge doesn't make anything, their loss.

First New Dodge
By Lacaha on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Purchased new (1999), delivery was excellent. Would have appreciated knowing that front wheel ABS is an option. Didn't really need 5.9L but has been a blast to drive, but not fillup! Biggest complaint has been the replacement of two of the four electric door lock motors (two months outside of warranty). Really liked the cargo capacity and the flexible seating arrangement (3 kids & own business).

well pleased
By rfournier on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Has performed very well. Only problem has been the tailgate not locking with key lock. Fixed under warranty. Use it to tow, has ample power.

durango
By durango man on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

it doesnt feel to tipsy around corners, incredibly surprising how well it handles offroad, very comfortable, awesome looks and loads of power to get you where you want to go.

Dont Buy this Car
By greenski on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have spent more money in repairs on this, then on my 1990 honda with 230,000 miles. and that is with the trans. going out under warenty.

Don't buy one!!!!!!!!!!!
By big mistake on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Ran great until the warranty expired. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Problems with pininging on acceleration. Transmission problems. Broken torsion bar mount. Currently in the shop due to axle problems. This truck is a 4X4 with skid plates, but has never been driven off pavement. I have put every mile on myself so I know it hasn't been driven hard. The dealership is terrible to deal with. Constanlty hear from them that they can't duplicate the problem or that they can not hear what I'm talking about. Have basically told me that I'm stupid. Will never buy another Durango and will never buy another Chrysler product. I'm going back to Ford!!

too many problems
By ke on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had many problems. Knocking/horrible pinging first 18,000 miles until manufacturer came up with a fix, needed ball joints at 35,000 mi., new heater core at 50,000. Transmission leak since before warranty was up-- had it in for repair three times but they can find it, yet my oil changing store sure can! The car is beginning to have squeaks and rattles at 50,000. It is slow and lumbering and gets very poor gas mileage (10 mpg)

Not Bad
By dodger1234567 on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

It is my second Dodge. First was the Colt, and I swore not to buy another Dodge after having it. But never say never... So I bought Durango in 99. Because it was the best for the price (3 row seats for around $30,000). Drive was fun, too. Well, 4 years and 96,000 miles later it still is. Yes, there is a slight problem with driver side window (intermitten). It was a problem with driver side lock (fixed). Oh, forgot to mention - I bought an extended warranty, so it was fixed under it. The pinging noice is because of the gas. I pull 92 now - no noice :). Mileage is a problem. I can get 15-16 MPG in city/highway, but I kind of expected that.