Used 1993 Dodge Daytona ES Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Dodge Daytona - Consumer Reviews

1993 Dodge Daytona Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:

1993 Dobitshi Daytona ES 3.0L V6
By Dobishi

1993 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car from a private seller about 2ish years ago for $1000. Since then I've put about 700 dollars under the hood from blown head gaskets and radiators. I get about 8 MPG city and maybe 14 MPG highway, which is worse than corvettes of the time with much less power. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone unless they bought the IROC or dropped a V8 RWD conversion into it to make it true muscle. I do, however, like the sound of the car. The day I bought it, I put a Thrush Turbo muffler on it and routed the exhaust out behind the doors. As I drive down the road, I can hear the Mitsubishi V6 growl like a caged animal. Interior is great. The true bucket seats are great to sleep in.

Favorite Features

Interior is a trickster. I've had friends get in the back and have to lay down just to get room, which is nice because then I don't have to drag people around. I like the power from the V6 and the sound but that's it.

Suggested Improvements

MPG??? And it would be nice to be able to add Twin Turbo to the car, considering the engine that is in the car is the same that is in the 3000GT which can be turbo'd. But there's no room for a turbo under the hood of this car. Maybe make it a little more sound proof as well.

Dodge Daytona ES
By Zetec

1993 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

This was my second vehicle, I was 18 and wanted a sports car and thought this would fit nicely. Very comfortable seating, decent power and gas mileage, nothing to rave about. Personally loved the looks of the 93 Daytona, beautiful vehicle. Replaced the starter and the fuel pump in three years ownership at about 120k miles. A little too much body roll IMO for a sports car. Liked the Mitsubishi 3.0 v6, had alright low end, grabbed nicely in mid range, but I believe the governor started in at 90 MPH and cut you off at 110. Typical for dodge cars.

Favorite Features

Great body styling, comfy interior, dials and controls easily in reach. Nice power. Good a acoustics for aftermarket stereo, never heard better in any other car with same system.

Suggested Improvements

Seats though comfy had kinda cheap fabric which had ripped seams and exposed stuffing in both seats. Rear bucket seats had good leg room but zero head room leading to cricked necks.

Last of a Breed
By Mike0663

1993 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

The 1993 Dayona is a somewhat conflicting assembly. Originally designed in the early 80's, the parts of the car not updated over the years (body structure, engine mounting, and rear hatch area) are quite crude. However, much of the car was updated by 1993 to provide a very nice interior, decent drivetrain (V6) and good utility. I once hauled a 50 gallon water heater home in it and it will swallow my entire mountain bike. Want cheap and stylish wheels? Find a low milage, well maintained V6 Daytona!

Favorite Features

V6 engine, lots of cargo room, folding seats, comfy, attractive interior, A/C MUCH improved over my old '84 Daytona.

Suggested Improvements

Beware the A604 4 speed auto trans. This car is out of production, so if you want more improvements, go buy a Supra.