2009 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Upset
By Chargerr x3 on 08/27/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car not even 2 weeks ago and I'm already having A LOT of problems with it. I noticed the control arm on the car was busted the very same day I got it home and Dodge refused to cover the damages! I love the car, its been my dream car for a very long time but I am furious with how Dodge handles these problems. I am crazy about the car, but I would never again buy a Dodge.

MY SOUL MATE
By Jeylo2 on 01/25/10 15:19 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I scoped this car out for months, read all the reviews, drove several models, but I'm absolutely thrilled over my "CHARGER". So far it has been everything I anticipated it to be and more. I'm not a drag racer and I know a little something about cars to go with the 3.5 V-6 HIGH-OUTPUT at least. All around the board this is the car for me. My kids will get this car and still be cool and safe. I was a little hesitant about the rear wheel thingy, but I found that if I just respect the vehicle, it will definitely return the favor. This is definitely my soul mate.

Some Hits, Some Misses
By HFish1212 on 12/22/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a used 09 SXT base with only optional power driver seat. This was a rental but I got a great price ($16,400) with only 29k miles. Some things are a hit while others are a miss. Pros: Styling (these with 22" rims and tint look awesome!), reliability, available features (not saying the one I got had any of them), price, size (hate small cars), rear wheel drive, interior which appears very easy to keep clean but is cheap plastic (good compared to other things that rip, weather). Cons: fueling cuts off during fill up because of tank design, cloth seats are uncomfortable- lumbar hits in upper back/ headrest is too far forward, no programmable seat positioning, weird key fob

my rental
By phil on 10/27/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for 10 days.It had 22K on odometer.Drove for app 3K miles from Alabama to NYC and then to NC mountains.Very comfortable,quiet,decent power.MPG blew mw away.At interstate driving slightly over posted speed I got a low of just over 26 and high of just over 30.I was expecting 22-23 range.That is great for a heavy, full size sedan.Only negative is the gas pedal feels too firm and a little out of comfort position,Other wise for a tall man, it was a pleasure to drive.I feel dodge won't hold value well so prob wouldn't buy a new vehicle, but a late model used charger should be fine.I will look for this model next time i rent.

Charger SXT fun to drive
By Steve Hubbell on 10/09/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I dont have any real complaints except that the 3.5 liter HO V-6 loses power when the automatic 4 speed transmission shifts from 1st into second when the gear selector is in drive, accelerating from a stopped position. However you have to place the gear selector into 3rd to achieve the second gear power boost from a dead stop. The car is well designed and fun to drive. The 3.5 liter HO SOHC V-6 is plenty peppy and the chassis is very agile. My particular car is the 2009 SXT RWD 4SPD Auto. The fuel mileage is phenomenal when the gear selector is left in drive and you keep your foot out of the fuel injectors. The car is a joy to drive.

A lovely car to own
By Rick on 04/21/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very smooth comfortable car with lots of style, very unique, not a cookycutter. We ordered the Customer Perfered Package 26H which gives the interior many features which really make the interior much nicer with leather,automatic headlights,heated front seats, dual zone air with ATC, and 1 touch up/down power front windows. The Protection group adds Side air bag protections and self sealing Contioental touring tires. We added 18" chrome wheels which really make the Bright Silver stand out. I feel so comforable with this car and love driving it. It feels solid and firm and very stable on the road. There is lots of power with the 3.5 and the 4-speed Automatic. You have got to test it.

So far so good
By Gord on 02/16/09 07:50 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Charger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 09 Charger SXT almost 3 months ago. To date, I have enjoyed the car and the solid feel you get in handling and performance. It is a real head turner, but I have a feeling people mistake it for a police ghost car at times, and slow down when approaching me on the highway, so funny. The car is a delight to drive and the 3.5L has more than enough power for my needs.I have driven Mopars for the past 20 years and the Charger is the best so far. I would recommend this car highly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Charger Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*