2002 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: Buy an SUV skip the mini van

2002 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

eC Passenger Minivan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Buy an SUV skip the mini van
By Brynn on

2002 Dodge Caravan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the van because of the very low price, and room. It's quite comfortable, I needed a car to get me to and from work that is comfy and roomy, and thats what I got. I have had problems w/ dodge cars in the past though, so I am still leary about the van, My alternator went out on my dodge stratus at 40,000 miles and it costed 900 buck to fix, what a rip off, plus a lot of dodge engine parts, you can only buy at dodge, so you are basically stuck w/ buying them from the dealer at outrageous prices. I'm kicking myself for not buying an SUV instead, I am actually trading the van in for a durango in a few weeks, much more useable for living in Washington state.

Smooth ride, roomy interior, no power though w/ the ec model, roll up windows and manual locks, kinda sucks, wish I would have paid more for those features. Pretty good gas mileage though! Very roomy, great for pets, my dog loves the van!

The back tailgate doesn't have a handle to lift up and open, you have to insert the key and pull, and its not easy w/ things in your hands, such as groceries.