Used 2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Very easy to own
By Edward Brandwein

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

So far I have no real complaints with my Caravan. It has been trouble free and has proven both comfortable and easy to drive. I have gotten spoiled by the interior. You never run out of room. It is also very good on gas.

Dual sliding doors, smooth ride, lack of interior noise.

Sliding doors should have their own key locks.

Our "Golden" Caravan Sport
By Nutmeg

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our fifth Caravan, it fits our lifestyle. We show dogs and it is the perfect van, I cam fit two crates side by side in the rear (48in). it is easy for the dogs (Golden Retrievers) to get in and out, if it is bad weather the liftgate can be left up and the dogs are protected. It also is roomy and comfortable for us and we can really pack a lot in it. We also have a roof rack and have our kayaks on that.

The rear air-conditioner, comfortable bucket seats, bench seats can be moved to either the rear or the middle space, the "fourth door", don't know how we got along without it.

Better brakes, and a CD player standard.

excellent
By jgabe

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

it is a truly wonderfull van

dual ac and quad seats

my blue lemon
By mike &jess

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I leased this van because of it's affordability. I have three children , all under the age of five. The van has been in the shop six times for the same problem, the emergency brake will not disengage, and causes the rear brakes to lock up. I need to use the emergency brake because my driveway is on a steep incline. I was only given a rental vehicle one time, they can't seem to fix the problem. Chrysler even came out with a procedure for this specific problem and it did not work!!! I'm currently looking ino the lemon law. Anyone have a similar problem???

good gas mileage, smooth ride

needs more leg room in the back

Alright
By AJFedde

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

There is no easy way to lock the back/trunk door. So if you are getting something out of the back, you have to close that door and either pull your keys out to lock it or go to one of the side doors and hit the lock button. My Explorer had a button to use to lock before closing in next to the cargo area.I wished it came standard with remote entry/locking. I looked for one. (I had ordered mine in). The same goes for finding one with a CD player. Drive it is pretty smooth. I have the V6. I wish these vans had tow hitches to at least be able to pull a uhaul or jetski. I would like to see more standard features.

comfort, dual sliding doors, removable seats, integrated child restraints, smooth driviing

making remote entry/locking standard, CD standard (who uses tape anymore?), towing hitch, way to easily lock back door after unloading if you dont have remote locking, higher door panels (feel like I am exposed!)

• SUV