Used 2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Avoid at all costs!
By SOCCER MOM

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new from dealer. Little things break too easy, outside sounds like it's inside, radio never worked right, air conditioning died in 2nd year, had to replace transmission (in 3rd year),fuel gage (4th year - broke down w/babies in the rain), front window seal (5th year) and rear side window seal (1st year). Will never buy a Dodge again!

Sliding doors, leg room and space for travel.

See above.

EXCELLENT FOR THE PRICE
By GH

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

the car is excellent for the price, no to mauch staff inside, but enought. Versatility and you can carry big famly, thing ,.,,..,.

power and space

Don't Like It
By R Bishop

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Vehicle was fine at first. Had to replace something for the air conditioner and you can not replace just the compressor you have to replace all the parts that go with it. Had to replace water pump twice. Had to replace front right tie rod. The back latch has not worked since I bought it. No big deal I could use my key. Now the lock for the latch does not work and I cannot get in the back. The check engine light comes on occasionally. This had something to do with the gas cap. On two occasions my lights went out when I was driving and the defrosters kicked on without having them on. Now the transmission has something wrong with it the mechanic says. I will never buy a Caravan again.

The seats come out and the bucket seats in the middle row

A latch release in the glove compartment or by the steering column

Dodge is a Value Packed Minivan
By GK

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Got this minivan with incentives. It was a great unbeatable price. Just $16000 + tax/registration ( No power windows and locks and CD) but had automatic transmission , A/C and CassetePlayer. It's running great. I have 33,000 miles on it. Had to visit dealership for some weird wiper problems during peak winter but they fixed it. I follow schedule B maintenace from the manual and don't forsee any major issues till 75,000 miles. Lets wait and watch.

Use higher model of the GoodYear Tires. These tires had to be changed in 30,000 miles.

Terrrific vehicle - versatile & reliable
By Michael

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have driven our SWB Caravan Sport over 75,000 miles in 2.5 years. It has been virtually trouble free. The only exception was a sliding door issue that was covered by warrantee. It has met our every need from a local people hauler to a vacation and camping marvel. Terrific handling, very good fuel economy (consistently over 21 mpg combined), and great looks. My engineer daughter loves to drive it. We are passing it on to our son who now has two small kids, but replacing it with a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Touring model. We are sold on this car.

Versatility. The Caravan serves as a little truck on many occassions. Reasonable price, especially compared to a Honda Odyssey with which we had a less favorable opinion. Sporty, good looks. It makes me smile to see it. And, lastly, reliablity. We treat it right and it returns the favor.

Considering the price, it is an amazing value. I do not know what else they could deliver. However, the 2005 models look even better.