Used 2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Best Minivan
By uprice on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ver Powerful 4cyl engine. Best value for the money. Great Gas mileage. Over 34MPG

Bad Luck
By kraker on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Had grand caravan for 2 yrs now. I should have learned from last caravan. At dealership for transmission problems twice, front end constantly pulls to left, numerous times airbag light illuminates intermittent, while turning steering system makes surging sound and steering wheel vibrates (thats after recall fix), Due to alignment problem had to purchase new tires after one year. Dealership insists there is no problem with front end. In process of getting rid of and buying foreign, no more Chrysler products for me.

The Dodge Minivan
By Andrea P on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan eC Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the van new and got a great deal. I was leary with Dodge because of past experiences with their transmissions. So far, so good. I love it. I'm constantly afraid something will happen, but that's what the warranty is for. Although overall I love it. I wouldn't buy anything but a minivan again. When you have kids you can't beat the roominess.

NICE AND STEADY
By bigducks on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We still have our 93 caravan with over 154,000 mile and decided we needed the 2002 sport for our long trips back east to see our kids. We like the ride, style, and versatility.

Hate my 2002 caravan LOVED my 2000
By nomoredodge4me on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

This is my second caravan, my first was a 2000 base stripped down model 3 door and I LOVED IT! Drove like a car, the quality was all over it from the seats to the engine it was well built. My 2002 SHOCKED me the quality went WAY down hill. I have had more service calls for A/C, engine and brakes and disappointment with the interior than I can tell you! Check it from head to toe if you are considering a purchase. Also, you cannot open the back with out the key...Inconvenient!! I will be trading mine for a Nissan Quest!

Very easy to own
By Edward Brandwein on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

So far I have no real complaints with my Caravan. It has been trouble free and has proven both comfortable and easy to drive. I have gotten spoiled by the interior. You never run out of room. It is also very good on gas.

Our "Golden" Caravan Sport
By Nutmeg on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our fifth Caravan, it fits our lifestyle. We show dogs and it is the perfect van, I cam fit two crates side by side in the rear (48in). it is easy for the dogs (Golden Retrievers) to get in and out, if it is bad weather the liftgate can be left up and the dogs are protected. It also is roomy and comfortable for us and we can really pack a lot in it. We also have a roof rack and have our kayaks on that.

excellent
By jgabe on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

it is a truly wonderfull van

my blue lemon
By mike &jess on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I leased this van because of it's affordability. I have three children , all under the age of five. The van has been in the shop six times for the same problem, the emergency brake will not disengage, and causes the rear brakes to lock up. I need to use the emergency brake because my driveway is on a steep incline. I was only given a rental vehicle one time, they can't seem to fix the problem. Chrysler even came out with a procedure for this specific problem and it did not work!!! I'm currently looking ino the lemon law. Anyone have a similar problem???

Alright
By AJFedde on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

There is no easy way to lock the back/trunk door. So if you are getting something out of the back, you have to close that door and either pull your keys out to lock it or go to one of the side doors and hit the lock button. My Explorer had a button to use to lock before closing in next to the cargo area.I wished it came standard with remote entry/locking. I looked for one. (I had ordered mine in). The same goes for finding one with a CD player. Drive it is pretty smooth. I have the V6. I wish these vans had tow hitches to at least be able to pull a uhaul or jetski. I would like to see more standard features.