2001 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Terrible Transmission/Radiator Problems
By vicoman on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

What moron thought of placing a 2.4L engine in a van? This is the most gutless vehicle I have ever driven in my life! In addition, we purchased the vehicle with 42k miles on it and had it in the shop 4 times in 2 months. 3 radiators and a rebuilt transmission later, the van seems to run like it should have when purchased. I will never purchase a dodge product again!

Very Pleased
By dhiggin02 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van used. We had one minor problem with the rear wiper but it was fixed under warranty. Otherwise all is good. Like the built in child seats in the middle bench seat. Very useful when small children are riding in your van. like the overhead console, dual zone climate controls.

A Big Improvement
By Ozero on 03/17/02 20:46 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Just traded a Ford Windstar for this Caravan. What a big improvement!Quieter smoother engine & transmission. Better mileage. Handles like a car with a feel of quality. Overall quietness and comfort are big pluses to my wife and I. This short wheelbase Sport model is so easy to get around in city congestion.

Total reliability
By bettyg on 03/16/02 23:04 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are retirees and wanted the room that is offered in the front of the minivan. We had a T & C LX which we traded in on this caravan sport. We did not want he extra length. We tumble the rear seats and have plenty of storage. Just last weekend we had luggage for 4 and after arriving at our destination and unloading luggage, we flipped the seats up and took two more people with us. That was the first time I had ridden in the rear seat. I was surprised at how comfortble it was! The person sitting beside me was equally impressed. This van is very versatile. We have had NO PROBLEMS with it. It has 10,200 miles and only oil and filter changed Not even one minor problem!