1999 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Her name is Ruby

1999 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

Her name is Ruby
By Jessica on

1999 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 5 years now and it has been great. I've only had two major repairs. I had to replace the ball joints and the timing belt. other than that, normal maintenance is all that is required and the car runs beautifully! I take a road trip twice a year and the car always holds up nicely, better actually because it just wants to be driven! In California, we don't have to worry too much about the cold so this is not an issue. to this day it only has 100,000 miles on it and I will continue to drive it until it will no longer drive. I'm sure I have at least another 5 years with it!

Favorite Features

Lots of trunk space, spacious seating, and great handling. AC/Heater work amazingly. Love the sound of the engine and the (added) exhaust. Feels like I'm going faster that what I really am, making it easier to follow the posted speed limit. Also, LOVE that the gas tank is on the right side!

Suggested Improvements

Brighter headlights, more comfortable head rest, and appearance. Needs better paint job, and interior could be a different color too. Unimportant items compared to how great the car runs!