1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
300.000 miles and running excellently
By Carlos on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

We bought this car with 235,000 miles to travel driving to Mexico in 2008, not only we did that, now we are in Argentina with the same car after 65.000 miles of adventure, fun and good memories. The best buy ever and a good friend to have. I only can say thanks to my car.

reliable
By rmmedj123 on 11/09/05 17:13 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have put a lot of miles on this car and it has held up wonderfully. Over 180,000 miles so far and no mechanical difficulties. Oil change and tires is it. Good Luck or Good car, probably both.

Best car owned
By MurdaMo on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

I got the 4 cylinder (420a I4) auto. The car somewhat lags in acceleration. So I put in some cheap mods (headers and cold-air intake), for a little extra acceleration. The car is best at higher speeds (i.e. passing someone). Very fun car to drive. It's mainly a show car.

Overall - a good car
By SiliconJesus on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my Avenger new. I looked around at cars from Chevy, and others from Dodge, and decided on the Avenger. Now two years later, I'm very pleased with my decision. Overall, its a very dependable and forgiving car, typical of the Dodge/Mitsubishi cooperative's 'Diamond Star' vehicles. The power put out by this car is generous, but does not match enough with the car's agressive stylings. Still, it has plenty of power to keep me in trouble (generally commuting 45 miles each way on interstates at 80 MPH). Fuel consumption is still good at 32 MPG.