2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Better than what you might think
By jbusc on 10/11/11 09:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

For years I was reluctant to purchase a Sebring Covertible because of the reliability issues I had heard about. However having recently sold a wonderful Saab 9-3 Convertible I decided to give a used Sebring Convertible a try. Although the build quality might not be quite up to Saab standards, it is very acceptable for this price point in the market. The LXi sold for approx. $28,000 new as opposed to nearly $43,000 for the Saab. What it may lack in build quality it makes up for with better structural rigidity, a smooth ride and smooth V6. (Just be sure to maintain the engine religiously) The most pleasant surprise is the exceptional gas mileage, and the roominess also desrves mention.

Still Love MIne!
By Chrysi on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Chrysler Conv used w 10k miles an I now have 62K. I use it every day! Yes I have had some minor issues and most under warranty but she purrs like a kitten. I drive every day to and from work and on trips get 31 mpg. In town 21 or 22. Used the dealer under warranty and now have honest mechanic. Replaced brakes twice because i am hard on brakes, seal went on transmission, no biggie. Drives Great, Looks great, Inside looks brand new. Have to do regular maintenance.

Not bad but could be better
By jlanier on 08/07/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from a used car dealership. It looks great and drives well. The suspension is sub-par. have had problems with the shocks/struts, ball joints. However, the engine runs terrific and gets great gas mileage.

Loved it but it was a lemon
By VirginiaD on 10/17/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My first convertible, and a great one at that. Power top was perfect and never had problems with it working. Replaced top seal when I purchased it ($800), replaced rotors (on all my Chryslers) every 20k miles. Brakes were not strong. Engine began to smoke at about 45k, and mechanics said it was a goner. NOT a good investment. Engine is a bad one (2.7L V6). Loved the car and top down driving and very comfortable, with all the nice options. Peppy to drive and smooth on hwy. Can't recommend because of engines and overall long-term quality issues.

What A Fun Cae
By T.S. on 10/05/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this convertible for a fun summer car. Was able to get this well maintained from a private party in Fl. who always garaged the auto. Drove it 1,200 miles non stop returning to home. Is as comfortable as my '08 Cadillac CTS and I am 6' 200 lbs. Have enjoyed everything about it this summer without one squeak. My '06 Honda Pilot has two squeaks I can't fix. Another week or two to use before it gets stored for the winter. Absolutely love this car and I will keep it for many years.

Car did not make me a Chrysler fan
By msmarvel on 06/05/09 13:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car after my then 7 year old Camaro Z28 cost me $1000 in repairs over 2 months. The car had been leased andhad 28,000 miles on it. Had issues from the start, the same thing would break over and over (blower for the fan for heat/AC, rear defrost, airbag light). I can't go 5 months without taking it to the shop (form day 1). Got a new transmission as well. Now it has 175,000 on it, and it still starts up right away, but the airbag light is on again. Car left me stranded twice cause it blew fuses because of crazy wiring. Roof leaks only on the driver's side in 2 places. Fun to drive. Motors for the top are still fine. But not a quality, reliable car.

Cheap Thrills!
By stig on 02/17/09 10:32 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it 5 yr used at 112k miles. I wanted a car I could take to university that didn't say "Cheap" or "Eco". Bought it below PP price from a dealer (5.5k). It ran great and was reliable till the time i broke it... wasn't the same after repairs. Sold it off 4 months back. The car is quite powerful. 200HP in a light car is not gonna be slow. The Daimler Influences are evident because this "American" car is a decent handler. The 4 speed gear box isn't great but it does let you slam the accelerator and use the full RPM range before it shifts. The car looks great and the drop top is nice for the 3 months in a year that it can be put down. I liked the noises the engine made as well.

I'll keep it
By larry on 07/14/08 09:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wife bought the car on impulse: now an all-time fave. This car runs smooth as silk w/ 48,000 mi on it. Its quick and very agile. Had to change out ball joints and other front-end stuff at great expense, but after driving new Saab, Audi and MB convertibles, decided the differences weren't worth $40,000! I'll keep it!

Great car
By s riley on 04/24/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 6 years now. Absolutely love it. Can't fault it. No major costs incurred and good mileage considering its over 6 years old now. I live in Erie PA where we get LOTS of snow. Car handles the slippery roads well. I hope to have it for many more years! Possibly forever - I would hate to part with it.

Do NOT buy this car
By Jennifer on 10/15/07 07:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this car. Since I bought this car I have had to replace the wheel bearings on the drivers side, The HVAC unit went out, the key was stuck in the ignition and could not be removed until removed by a mechanic, Motor for the Air conditioning went, Not to mention the awful oil leak that it has and has been fixed twice. The car is now in the shop for something else to be repaired. I was warned about this engine that was put into this car and I did not listen. Keep in mind that all of this stuff that needed to be replaced was only in a three year period. This car has made up my mind about Chrysler cars. Never will I buy another one.

1 2 3 4 5 next »