Our Family Truckster
By abartel on
2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Based on the looks compared to mini-van and suv options, my wife chose a red Pacifica Touring with 3.5L engine for our family car purchase in Spring 2005. We have owned the vehicle since new (now has 76000 mi), experiencing a few problems including 1) tie rod end replacement, 2) motor mounts twice, 3) blower motor (under warranty), 4) egr valve cleanout at 70,000 (relatively normal for many cars). Can't say I'm happy about making ANY repairs on a vehicle this new ... but in retrospect ... total repair over 6 years ownership is less than $2500. Yes, I too have experience the oil consumption issue. Using Shell Rotella-T 5W40 oil (1 qt consumed/3000 is ok for me).
Favorite Features
Seating is really comfortable for 4 passengers. Extra 2 seats in back row, work out well for moving kids and friends around. Nice stable ride and feels really safe (not easy to roll over).
Suggested Improvements
Motor mounts are under designed. Oil consumption is technically not a flaw, but most are not accustomed to adding between changes creating potential for engine damage.