Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 318 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

I love it so far!
By R. Hollywood Wright

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good I love the interior, the audio system/dvd etc. And who doesn't love all the power options and the heated seats :) this is one classy so called mini van I have that pretty gold with chrome rims 19's I'm just gone hate when I gotta buy tires at almost $200 a piece but oh well, I look good and it looks good when its cleaned up and looking pretty, I have gotten nothing but compliments on it every since I bought it, I don't drive it every day though, it's my Cadillac it stays in the garage and looks pretty until a family outing or I go out to the club or a spacial occasion, I bought it used and it already had 86,000 highway miles. On it so I want to preserve it for road trips, go buy one!

I would have to say, interior, power options, audio system, exterior, heated seats, dvd, third row seating, power tail gate really cool, parking sensors are great! And the chrome rims and bumper accents look hot to, who needs a Lexus or Benz SUV, I got everything they got and performance 250 hp plenty pwr.

i wouldn't change a thing,everyone's complaining about the miles per gal.but i think 20 hwy 17 combined is not bad for a 3600 lb vehicle with all the extras it comes with? better than a Caddilac Escalade getting only 12 miles to Gal. and i got all its got except towing capacity,and who cares about that

Great Value for Money
By Sean

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 touring model last year (2009). Although 4 years old when I got it with 79k on the odometer, bless the previous owner who obviously loved this car. In addition to the luxurious interior, comfort, quiet ride, great styling & road presence, I git it at a great price at $11,000 with 21,000 km left on the warranty. I purchased an additional bumper to bumper warranty for 2 years and never had to use it, thank God, based on some of the horror stories I've read here. The fact that Mercedes Benz had a key role in design and building this beauty is apparent in road handling and styling. Overall, I am very happy with my Pacifica or 'Fica' as my 5 year-old daughter lovingly calls it!

Styling, Comfort, Road Handling

Gas Consumption could be better, but she is a big car! Rear view- but I've installed an after market rear-view cam that works like magic!

I was wonder what that problem was!
By Shon

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in April of 09, I thought it was beautiful inside and out. It had about 33000 mi on it then and about 43000 now. I didn't have frequent oil changes because the car was constantly eating up oil. I couldn't figure it out, I didn't have any evidence of oil leaks in my driveway. But know that I have read some of the reviews I see that this is a standard problem along with cracks in the tires, the visibility issue with the pillars, and the noise that is heard when the back windows are down (horrible). I love my car, but I think I'm gonna take it easy on it until I can sadly trade it in for something else. I have had many lemon vehicles in the past, so I want out before it gets worse.

Comfort level, rides really smooth, the kids love the DVD player with sound system, and looks fabulous.

Visibility on the sides, and fix the oil guzzler issue, or place it under warranty.

Nice car
By Beary Love

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought Pacifica in July of 2005 brand new. Fell in love with it right away, needed a large car for the family. We follow the maintenance schedule of the car manual services like oil change every 3000 miles, etc. NEVER had a problem with it yet. Very reliable! NEVER had a problem with oil or anything else. The only thing would like to have different is a better mpg. Otherwise it has been a great car for us from the beginning.

All of them, really.

Better MPG

We got a good one
By pianoman

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are very happy with our Pacifica and have owned it almost 5 years (80K) now with never an non-maintenance repair (replaced all rotors and pads from Brake Planet at 60K mi for under $200). Once a window quit working that was left open in the rain, but it repaired itself after a couple days. It cruises at 75-80 mph all day and gets 22-23 mpg, 60 mph gets 25-26 mpg. Town is 20-21 mpg. We have the 3.5L touring. We pull a 2000lb boat with no problems. It has a very sturdy chassis. We have noticed oil consumption, but as I read on here years ago, just check the oil. We change oil every 3000 mi. Wife is happy and never wants another car. Ours is a good one, others on here were not so fortunate.

Love the comfortable seating and storage, auto climate control, dash layout, DVD system and wireless headphones. Quiet ride on SUV sized tires. Auto open hatch, Sat radio, roof rack are nice conveniences that we use. Hauls anything (piano, framed door, lumbar, ???. Bright H.Lights, courtesy lights.

Lower hipline for better visibility. Radio controls from back seat besides remote.