2005 Chrysler Pacifica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Great all around vehicle
By Watermaster on 12/18/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was ready to trade my van for a convertible sports car but, with a teenage son who plays drums and needed transportation to college, I gave into a large capacity vehicle. I made a great choice. The Pacifica holds a ton of stuff while providing the feel of a luxury sedan. It drives great, has an outstanding dashboard and electronics inventory, leather, wood trim etc. I can also get 22 bags of mulch into it any time I need to.

ABS a problem
By South Dakota Owner on 12/01/08 18:52 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I also am having problems with the ABS brake system. The car only has 38,000 miles and the ABS brake system is failing. I've already had worn out tire rods replaced and the electronic drivers side seat failed. I am regretting purchasing this car. It is too new to be having these problems.

Watch out!
By Unhappy on 11/21/08 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car used, was only 2 years old, fully loaded and great price. Or so we thought. Within 2 months, the handle broke from the inside, repair cost $350. Then the wheel bearings need to be replaced, $400. The the radiator hose collapsed, replacement another $180. Now the car keeps overheating when in a stand still position, repair cost unknown. Anyone else having this many problems, we've only had it a year! Many blind spots due to design, is comfy inside and kids love the DVD. Would I buy again? Never! Sticking to Chevys or Nissans, those have worked out way better for me!

I Love My Car But.......
By Surgtechbri on 09/29/08 00:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It will be a year this Jan. that i have had my pacifica. I love this car but it is really getting expensive. All the consumer reports are saying the same thing. We should not all have the same problems with these cars. In the past 4 months i have had to spend over $1700.00 in that car. Both of the fuel pumps died (yes i said both pumps). The dealerships know that there is something wrong with these cars. They are really nice to look at but I'm starting to believe they are lemons.

I must be dreaming!
By Moonsta on 09/10/08 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my loaded Pacifica for a couple of weeks and I don't see falling out of love with it! Solid, secure feel. Luxury plus! All the little details that Chrysler puts into some of their cars is wonderful. As other people have written, gas isn't great. But hey, it's big, it's AWD, what do you expect? I am very happy with it and mileage is about the same as my minivan. Finally I don't get asked if I have kids (no!) I waited a long time to have a car of this caliber and truthfully?? I'd buy another.

good for a family
By Tdf on 08/18/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought our 2005 Pacifica at auction without much research but I was down to the Ford Freestyle and this. I like the handling and comfort though it has a little lag in power sometimes. The main reason I went with it is because this is one of the only cars or minivans that accommodates 3 children in car seats. with 2 in the second row and the third in the third row. The third row kid required a little assistance with clipping her seat for about 6 months, but I fold down the second third row seat and put her into the vehicle through the hatch. Overall I get about 18-19mpg in rural driving in the foothills of NC.

What a Great Car
By Donald Clark on 08/12/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car in April in exchange for my 1999 Expedition which was hurting me from a gas cost standpoint. The Pacifica has been very impressive. With the interior able to seat 6 and the exterior sharp look, it is a great car. I recently purchased some Kumbo Road Venture tires to replace the original tires. Well now the ride is excellent. I went on vacation about 670 miles each way and the car handled so well with great acceleration and braking power. If you are looking for the benefits of a big SUV with better gas mileage this is it. OH yeah the trunk can be opened and closed with the key or a switch in the car. This part is very cool especially when you go to the grocery.

Great Vehicle to Drive
By Darren on 08/05/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the 2005 Pacifica for 1 month now and I am delighted to get into it each time. It looks great and has so many amenities. The gas mileage leaves something to be desired and it could use a bit more power but I still love it. The blind spots that others speak of have not been an issue with me. Grab one if you so desire.

Class and room
By Pack fan on 07/23/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my first Pacifica and love it. There is room like a van but stability like a sedan. Everything is at your fingertips and I average over 21 MPG. Storage is phenomenal and the ease of getting in and out helps when going anywhere with my dad. Everyone is impressed with its stylish look and the stereo rocks

Speed sensors
By Leah on 07/19/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is decent. Nice style and plenty of room for a family, but I must have a lemon. I have had my ABS sensors in all four wheels replaced 2 times and my axle has broken twice, for no reason, just city driving, to the grocery store and mall. The first time I had the problem with the ABS sensors the car was only a few months old and its happened every year. Now I am working on the 3rd time I must have these sensors changed and they have no clue why I keep having this problem. Of course, now the car no longer has a warranty and I have to pay for it. DESPITE the fact that the same work has been done 2 other times. Just beware and be cautious.