Used 1997 Chrysler LHS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chrysler LHS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (32 reviews )

it's a beast when taken care of properly
By George s

My Chrysler lhs is a beast for one reason for having 250,000 miles still going

Gramps' LHS
By Gaétan

1997 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 1997 LHS for 3 years now and what to say? Love it! Car has been garage kept by this 78 year old gentleman and had only 59,000 miles on it, brand new car still. Had a few fixes over the last year, bad tie-rod, transmission line leak but overall regular maintenance will keep this car on the road for little money. I like my comfort and I am well served with this roomy ride. Of the 20 some cars (new and used) i've owned, this has got to be 'the' best vehicle i've had.

Turning radius, comfortable ride and interior, V6 very powerful yet fuel efficient, still up to date body lines, sound system, ventilation, airbags.

Dual exhaust would look great at the back.

Perfect car for us
By RickR

1997 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Meets requirements: room for 6, rear seat legroom, sizable trunk, fairly economical to drive, reliable, fast enough.

power seats, windows, mirrors, seating comfort, sound system, performance (keeps up), economy, space, good cruiser.

better isolation from road bumps and holes, interior plastic armrests are a bit cheap.

I love my LHS
By Abouttowne

1997 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used and needed a bit of TLC. Beautiful lines, interior and performance. Had to change steering bushings and replace upper and lower manifold gaskets. Changed fuel rail o rings. Average mpg is 26-28. Roomy and comfortable. I love it. Better than any Lincoln or Cadillac that I have owned.

Bose Infinity stereo, moon roof, leather seating. Sporty but luxury handling. Room for 6 adults. Huge trunk.

Leather does not wear well. Headliner fabric thin and worn at moon roof opening. Needs moon roof cover to protect interior.

1997 Chrysler LHS Review
By Tyler Fickert

1997 Chrysler LHS Sedan 4dr Sedan

I woke up one day with my car sitting in the driveway. It started 3 times then the battery cables were shot. It had power surges before I had it fixed. The motor is really good only because I can fix the car when it breaks. The A/C leaks on the floor of the interior. Thats because of a blocked vent. Easy fix. The heater doesnt work at all and costs too much to have fixed.

I love the mileage I get with my car. I get 23 miles on average. I put a special fluid in the gas tank though. I love the stereo system in the car. It has good bass. Oh the motor is in really good shape and has, beleive it or not, saved my life once. The acceleration is good.

I would suggest a more durable set of headlights. Mine are dim and warpped because of a car crash and heat from the headlamps. Do daily checks on the car's performance.

• SUV