Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

So Good I Purchased one for my wife!
By John Horton

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very pleased with the ride looks and durability of the car. The only problems I have had have been the tail lights which GM did fix and I never had a problem again with either vechicle. I purchsed a second one for my wife and we both have been pleased with the performance of the car.

Dual A/C. In the Winter my wife will have the heater going and on my side I will have the A/C going. We are both happy. For 30 years of marriage fighting over the temperture is no longer a problem. With the difference in the tempertures I am suprised we do not create a thunderstorm.

Just wish it was a little bigger for a laptop and purse in front seat.

I couldn't afford it.
By Rhonda W

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car. It had enough room for my family of 5 plus a little more. In December 2002, the transmission went out for the first of three times. It was under warranty the first time, but not the other two times. The rear air conditioner had problems as well. On two different occasions it had to be repaired. After the third transmission failure in August 2005, I fixed it and traded it. I miss the car, but I had spent over $4,000 in repair and maintenance costs in the 15 mos following the expiration of my warranty. I just couldn't afford it anymore.

DVD, auto-on lights, rainsense wipers, fold down seats.

I hope they have worked out the problems in this first EXT version. I wonder if the I6 engine had something to do with the transmission failures.

Love my Trailblazer
By trailblazing babe

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my TB for 2 weeks and I am very happy with all of it. The smooth ride, interior, sound, exterior is exceptional.

I like the third row seating because of car seats I have to use. The exterior has to be my favorite. The stereo system is great. I also like the keyless entry which is great when raining, night shopping.

No Good Chevy!
By No Good Chevy

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this SUV since new. Will never own another Chevy. Build quality is lacking. Gas mileage is horrendous. Getting 14.5 mpg according to onboard computer. Bought the top of the line with all the extras for $36000, now trade in is only about $17500! why did this loose value so quickly? Does Chevrolet know what junk they are selling? Have replaced the wiper motor twice due to recall, replaced taillights twice under warranty, and now need to replace again. Electric mirrors were replaced under warranty, now they need to be repaired again. Great Bose Stereo, but Chevy didn't build that. Reccomend Ford or foreign made vehicle next time. Very uncomfortable leather seats for front passangers.

Lots of passenger room, and great stereo and DVD system

Re-engineer this vehicle from the ground up

Not that great
By Scott

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV EXT LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I love the look and feel of our Trailblazer but the reliability is what brings us down. Transmission went out at 25,000 miles and dealership kept car for 3 weeks to fix it. ENORMOUS amount of AC problems over the last 1 1/2 years. Dealership can sometimes "duplicate" problem and they just keep replacing parts but nothing on the AC gets fixed. Also, the clock will sometimes change to a totally different time by itself (jump ahead a few hours and minutes). One time, the complete dashboard electrical system just went out (all the displays and the speedomoter). I got it to come back on after I turned the engine off and on again. Car sometimes has trouble starting too.

Look of the exterior/interior, power of the engine, nice smooth ride

The airconditioning! This is the one thing that makes me want to get rid of this vehicle. Sometimes the air blows ice cold and other times it blows hot air. But the dealership mysteriously cannot figure out the problem after 7 visits to them. :-(

• SUV