Used 2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

The best lil' 4x4 on the market \O/
By tokie

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We found our 2004 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4 speed O/D auto.) in a little car lot in Ocala Florida on : 12-30-'13. I test drove it and was amazed with the overall performance for a small SUV with the 2.5 ltr. V6. It had a 1/4 tank of gas in it previous to the test drive, and I used an 1/16th in my "test session(s) which included a sand hill and 2-High, 4-High and 4-Low. I"tested it"for an hour,mashing the go-peddle every chance I could,windows down,ears-perked for any hint of stress of strain,and ...well...I took it back and never bothered to try and talk the dealer down a dollar. 59K miles and runs like it's brand new. $9,100 later and I'm completely happy.

Torque up the WAZOO in 4-low. In 4-High it ROCKS the sand pits. In 2-high it's got passing power that astounds when you mash the go-peddle. The stereo and C.D. player jam hard enough to make your ears bleed. Leather interior is plush enough that if you closed your eyes,you would think you were Highway cruising a Cadillac. Off road the suspension is stiff enough that you are comfortable going up or down any incline. The engine bay allows easy access for maintenance and repair(s). The swing out rear access door is HUGE and sturdy. The fold down rear seats make hauling large cumbersome loads or even groceries an easy chore to accomplish.And the head rests are the whip !

Stick a larger V-6 in it !

Nice little SUV
By mrwilson99

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this SUV. It's small and should be better on gas since it's lighter than most SUVs. Having less leg room is a challenge but overall, a nice ride.

4x4, Power mirrors, windows and locks, Nice stereo with CD, Lots of power

More leg room in both front and back

Great SUV
By Deena

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tracker. I had been without a car for a couple years and got a job that required me to have a car. I looked at 2 cars. The Tracker was the only one I test drove and I loved it the second I got in it. It's great on road trips and I can get everything I need into it. The cargo space could be just a tad longer but it works for me.

Fold down seats. Nice long seatbelts.

Could make the seats just a bit wider for us larger folks.

Tracker Opinion
By Paul

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Not a bad vehicle. It has plenty of power to pull my 3000lb sail boat. Its pretty light so mileage is good but, it also means that it get blown around when its windy. Leg room for the back seats is lacking for normal sized humans. The seats fold down well so there is a lot of cargo capacity. The major negative for this vehicle is the interior. The interior is cheap plastic, and the seats are uncomfortable for any duration. The lack of sound insulation is another big issue. The interior road noise for this car is very loud. On the positive, the engine is over-sized. And handling is very stable, with little body roll. It actually handles better than my previous car, a Pontiac Grand Am.

2 fans under the hood. One electric for the A/C, the other direct drive for the engine. I like redundancy. Everything under the hood is within easy reach. I like having a Suzuki engine, GM engines are junk. Factory strut crossover bar is nice (but, I suspect the frame is too weak to not have it).

Pre-installed cabin air-filter would be nice. Adding some kind of filter before the fan, as it stinks having leaves rattling in the fan. More sound insulation. The road noise in this car is loud.

2004 LT Tracker
By RW

2004 Chevrolet Tracker SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have 28,000 miles on my '04 LT Tracker. I get 22 mpg city, and 24 mpg highway at 70 mph. The interior layout is very dated but functional. It's that 70's retro look. Front seating is a bit cramped and rear seating is really just for kids.

The V6 is responsive for passing, and gets OK gas mileage. Fold down split- rear seats are convenient. Vehicle is built very solid, and runs very quiet.

Interior design is just too dated. Front seat armrests are too short. A 5speed automatic transmission would help boost mileage. Larger gas tank would be great (17 gal tank is a bit small). Rear seat leg room is just non-existent.