Absolute BEST vehicle I've ever owned!!!
By tahoedream1 on
1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD
The title says it all! I haven't had my Tahoe very long but it's by far my favorite vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had well over 50 cars in my lifetime!! The quality is so good, you'd never guess it was 17 years old! I've always sworn by Jap/German made cars, but this Chevy has changed my mind! Excellent build quality, perfect height for my 6'2 frame. Runs/drives & looks like its brand new! Literally my only complaint is the plastic door handles, they seem too fragile for such a tough, durable truck. I'm a Chevy truck owner for life now! Lets hope Detroit remembers how to build them like they did in 95 when I go to buy a newer Tahoe in 10 years or so!
Favorite Features
Tough and durable frame. Excellent power from the 350 V8 (also probably the cheapest engine to work on). Great interior layout. Lots of leg room in the back seat and endless cargo room. Very supportive seats with very high quality fabric. Handles great, extremely easy to drive. Great towing capability-tows my 24' camper like nothing. Love Love Love this truck! I never get attached to vehicles, but I may just shed a tear once my Tahoe bites the dust, but it will be a very long time before that happens! I highly recommend spending $4k on a good used Tahoe/Yukon over buying a new car, chances are the Tahoe/Yukon will last just as long or longer even being a decade older
Suggested Improvements
The ONLY complaint I have is the fragile door handles. I love it so much I don't even care about the gas mileage, but when you buy a full size SUV the last thing you should think about is MPG, none of them (even hybrids) get good mileage.